9 (34.6%)
it's ok
12 (46.2%)
it sucks balls
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: September 02, 2005, 11:57:43 AM

Dr. Gonzo

should i get ozma and gluely porch treatment together, or seperate for the same price. HOw many tracks are on each? Some info on these cds please.

Anonymous

Buy the Ozma/GPT cd.
its 34 great track.

GrimReaper

You can't get Ozma on CD without getting GPT. So buy that first.

I wasn't until I bought the Ipecac re-release, with all the extra tracks, that I really started to appreciating how great GPT is.

Beto Brasil

Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

mantra

Get the Ozma/GPT cd.  Its very good.

themelvins

Quote from: Dr. Gonzoshould i get ozma and gluely porch treatment together, or seperate for the same price. HOw many tracks are on each? Some info on these cds please.

get them together....its fucking awesome.

cooter

Glad GPT was rereleased, it deserves it! Btw, does anyone have anything from Alchemy Records?

Anonymous

I have the Clown Alley album featuring Lori and Mark D. And Virulence which is pre-Fu Manchu. And the Alchemy sampler.

Reverend Ebeneezer

I've been thinking about Ozma, lately and I've come to the conclusion that it's one of my least listened to, and by extension, least favourite Melvins albums...It's not that the material is lacking, although I must confess a penchant for the Melvins latter day stuff, it's the production. It's absolutely fucking awful! Has anyone ever heard a flatter, tinnier production? God, 10 Songs sounds better than this album and as I undersatand it that was done on two-track in some god-forsaken pit.

The bass sound is like Metallica's snare drum on St. Anger...the guitar sound is so thin..and the drums? I think the drums are the only thing on the record that's distinctive at all. This record would be so much better if it sounded like Stoner Witch. I mean, I have Dead Dressed on right now, and it's certainly an impressive track but it annoys me by being so quiet and reedy...

Any opinion anyone?
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

yeknod ykoops

i absolutely agree. the guitars have some kinda shitty reverb-y sound to them throughout the entire album, and it makes them sound weak as hell.

CreepyCrawl

i think the production is pretty damn good, it has a cool vibe to it. sure it's not the best in the world, but it's not without it's charm.

zium

Quote from: CreepyCrawli think the production is pretty damn good, it has a cool vibe to it. sure it's not the best in the world, but it's not without it's charm.

i agree :)

Reverend Ebeneezer

2 votes each way! But I shan't back down...Gluey's prouction kicks Ozma''s round the proverbial parking lot...
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

Anonymous

I think everyone can agree on Bullhead at least...

klump

hmmm, i think they should re-record it with billy anderson :) then they would get a bit better sound AND that vintage lo-fi feeling :)