9 (34.6%)
it's ok
12 (46.2%)
it sucks balls
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: September 02, 2005, 11:57:43 AM

Anonymous

I don't like listening to Ozma but I think given the context of the time it was recorded, it was
probably one of the more artier and revolutionary rock albums around. It's just so sparse and
hypnotic and bizarre and *metal* without being traditionally metal. I actually like 10 songs far
more than ozma/GPT. But Ozma/GPT does grow on you - I like them a lot more now than I did
when I first got them

Vcavallo

10 songs is fucking amazing...i wish they would do a 10 songs tour.  those tracks would tear a club apart, i would pay do much for that.... i love 10 songs....
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

beev

i just listened to it again and i still think it stinks.  i think there's a good reason why they rereleased GPT and 10 songs but not Ozma, but we'll see.

Leroy

Ya gotta love how on Ozma, the sound is so raw.  You can hear the sound rattling off of the drums and stuff in the background!   :lol:

eddie

Quote from: yeknod ykoops
Quote from: LeroyTrue.  I guess it's a preference of production.   I don't really mind that it's got that cold sound to it, since the music is so good.  I think that the Melvins were going for that type of mechanical cold feel.  I think I read somewhere that Buzz mentioned that was the sound they were going for.

that's interesting, because i always thought that weird sound at the beginning of Vile sounded like a machine starting up. *shrugs*

that sound was Lori turning on her bass gear.

LouiLoomis

Seeing as '10 songs' and 'Gluey Porch Treatments' have been re-released on Ipecac I was wondering will they do the same with 'Ozma'? I mean the sound could really do with being a bit more 'polished' and they could take off 'Gluey Porch Treatments' and replace them with some more demos from that era. What do you all think?

Reverend Ebeneezer

It's unlikely for now, at least. You've got to remember that both 10 Songs and Gluey Porch on it's own were both long out of print by the time of the Ipecac reissues. Ozma is still very much available from Boner and they doubtless make a shedload of cash off it even today...
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

flyinghouses

i dont know why number 30 on the cd is gluey porch treatments but on the cd face its listed as number 31, the songs arent listed right
.  :D
(.)(.)

/(())\

turnacuss

I think that electroretard and ycl:12 will be next. We don't really need an Ozma rerelease.

Mesteren

So you only found one mistake.....
My copy has "Echo Head" and "Don't Piece Me" listed as track 19 and "Exact Paperbacks" and "Happy Grey Or Black" listed as track 23.
To be afraid when you are alone, in the dark, faced with the unknown, the unspeakable; that is understandable fear. To be afraid, mortally afraid, in broad daylight, in a crowded city street, that is to know Melvins.

flyinghouses

yea there all there, i just listed one of the mistakes
(.)(.)

/(())\

Anonymous

not really a mistake but we can hear people talking at the begining of Vile, at the end of Disinvite and at the begginning of Over the under excrement (the last song)

flyinghouses

t the beginning of vile i think its lori that says, "k, rolling" and on over from under the excrement someone says, "lets see, do we need anything else". on the end of disinvite i think its dale that says, "steve newman"
(.)(.)

/(())\

Beto Brasil

Quote from: LouiLoomisSeeing as '10 songs' and 'Gluey Porch Treatments' have been re-released on Ipecac I was wondering will they do the same with 'Ozma'? I mean the sound could really do with being a bit more 'polished' and they could take off 'Gluey Porch Treatments' and replace them with some more demos from that era. What do you all think?

why do you need remaster of OZMA?
i love the original version!
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

Matte

I have the Ozma/GPT cd and I noticed and read somehwere that the tracklisting is off, I think the disc lists 34 songs and there are really 33 or something. If anyone could give me an accurate track listing that would be great. I especially want to know the correct tittle of the 18th song, I think the disc listed it as "Eye Flys" but I'm not sure if that's correct. Thanks.