Nude With Boots

Started by Jaron, March 27, 2008, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

molotov

bathroom creep

Quote from: ManWithNoName on March 28, 2008, 09:10:51 AM
listening to this album early is not going to stop me from buying this album as soon as it comes out. I think it's fair to say that everyone(or atleast most of us) here will get their own copy of the album.

As far as patience and virtue go I really don't care for Aristotle's ethics. Fuck moderation!

Yeah, of course the majority of us will buy that album, that's beyond question. All I was trying to say is that it seemed a little rushed after two days, they might even still do the artworks and whatnot, what Fart Lips said. But damn, what can I do? Call me stupid but I do have a bad conscience. I'm actually pretty sure I will give in eventually. It's a damn long time.

By the way, I can't wait to hear the studio versions of Billy Fish and SIP. With some extra stuff hopefully. Nine completely new tunes? Damn that's exciting, especially because of the new Dale interview. He said something along the lines of "more mysterious album" right? Nice.
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

Jozz

I will certainly buy the new album when it comes out...along with tickets to see them and lot's of merch.

bathroom creep

I thought I should post this here too

http://prod1.cmj.com/articles/display_article.php?id=62547417

Nude With Boots Tracklist:
1.The Kicking Machine
2.Billy Fish
3.Dog Island
4.Dies Iraea
5.Suicide In Progress
6.The Smiling Cobra
7.Nude With Boots
8.Flush
9.The Stupid Creep
10. The Savage Hippy
11.It Tastes Better Than The Truth
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

Jaron

Aw, that's a little disappointing I was looking forward to hearing songs with the names of those other tracklist names like that one called The Sea Bass and then that final track sounded so fucking cool "Being Drowsy, The Eye May Collapse." Well I'll be the first to call DIBS!! I'm gonna write a song and name it that now.

Dale_Nixon

I would like to buy the album when it comes out but i still want to have a little taste of it before the actual release date becuase July is so far away i dont think i can wait....I think they put Suicide in Progress on it though.
CALLE ME ISHMALE DUMMY.

seas of luck

I turn 21 in July and waitng for a new Melvins album and dvd doesn't help things.  Of course I'm going to download it!  But I'll also buy it the day it comes out assuming I can find it.

GrimReaper

Most of us will buy Nude With Boots, any special Nude With Boots vinyl, and the tour re-packageing, and then the re-issue with added tracks.

How's that for thinking ahead?

Uncle Fester

I TRULY dolove The Melvins and alot of the stuff they put out. I can say I am a really big fan.
but since A Senile Animalcame out i have just been hoping that there isnt going to be a steady downhill slope for The Melvins. I still do have hope that they will make something fresh original and just generally fucking awesome. After hearing those two live tracks  And reading that bit of information about Jared and Coady still being in the lineup, I still worry.
This is just my opinion... im not stating any facts... please dont grill me for this, I am merely speaking out.

(PAUL)

Steady downhill slope? Did you not see them live lately???
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Uncle Fester

Quote from: PAUL on March 30, 2008, 02:26:37 PM
Steady downhill slope? Did you not see them live lately???

as a matter of fact, I have seen them live. I went all the way to portland from vancouver to see them in late 2007. the show was really amazing except for the fact that almost more than half of the set was a senile animal.They even played a couple improvised jams. It is a good album, however the jared and coady influence on the band just isnt my thing.

the ether bunny

Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 30, 2008, 01:54:32 PM
I TRULY dolove The Melvins and alot of the stuff they put out. I can say I am a really big fan.
but since A Senile Animalcame out i have just been hoping that there isnt going to be a steady downhill slope for The Melvins. I still do have hope that they will make something fresh original and just generally fucking awesome. After hearing those two live tracks  And reading that bit of information about Jared and Coady still being in the lineup, I still worry.
This is just my opinion... im not stating any facts... please dont grill me for this, I am merely speaking out.
good ol' melvins. now, i cant say that i agree with you, cause i sure dont. im not much of a big business fan, but this melvins line-up is the coolest thing since jesus. less drone, more.... everything. ive never heard anything like it.

as most if not all of you know, MELVINS is a biological beast undergoing constant non-biological mutation. a new addition or subtraction, such as the kevin rutmanis leg, and the lorax index finger, will lead to the big business machine gun.

long story short, there is no downhill. only constant stimulation of the space time continuum. in other words, give it a few years. theyll change into something different. possibly more exciting, and far from down that hill.

alright? ALRIGGGHHTTT
he was a mongoloid.

glen

as per coady,  expect "deep" tracks on this one.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Uncle Fester

I half agree with it being the coolest thing... The dual drum aspect of it i mean. but a senile animal is so straight forward rockin and i make an exception for like 2 songs the rest is just so straight forward to me. I just miss the patience it took to listen to them, to listen to boris or roman dogbyrd/ hung bunny  and POTRE etc. theres no dynamic here. theres nothing special for me..... except the two drummers but... id rather just have dale drumming, that way hes got full control and can play to his fullest ability. but its not my band so whatever i say really doesnt matter... but this is a discussion board right?!?!?!

the ether bunny

Quote from: glen on March 30, 2008, 05:39:52 PM
as per coady,  expect "deep" tracks on this one.

and deep anal penetration. cant forget that one, can we glenny-poo?
:shock: :shock: :shock:
he was a mongoloid.