The 'right' wrong song titles

Started by amazonAMAZON, February 21, 2021, 12:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazonAMAZON

I was re-watching the Valentine's stream today. And I have this nagging feeling that the 'obvious' song titles that stick with me might be the same for others. How do you feel?

Obviously on Egg Nog there's four, but these two stand out to me:
"Bastards" ("Charmicarmicat")
"Pigs Don't Let It" ("Antitoxidote")

Then for me it's always these two:
"Hand It Over" ("National Hamster")
"You Should Have Known" ("Billy Fish")

Like if I were talking to some stranger about the Melvins and they said their favorite song played live was "Hand It Over" I wouldn't even register they'd made a mistake. Anyone else?

Other candidates:
"V.O.T.O.C.I." ("Foaming")
"Ordinary, Ordinary" ("Mary Lady Bobby Kins")

jules

Queen has always been Wish It Away for me. I expect there are more, too. Since buying CDs, my knowledge of song titles has dwindled.

))))((((

My Mum used to refer to 'Suicide In Progress' as "There's A Little Man Creeping" which i found hilarious. I think the only one that gets me is 'The Bloat'. I know that's the title of course but sometimes i think of it as the "Give Me 46, Give Me 45" song.

amazonAMAZON

amazonAMAZON

"We've Got The Five" ("Boy Mike")

I keep on wondering what this lyric is about, too. We've got five...  what? Five dollars? A fifth of liquor? Five hardcore fans left 😜?

black stallion

"          "  ("Pure Digital Silence")
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

CoryCory

"I Like To Take I Like To Feel Wanted" (Boris)
"What's The Hurry, You're Not Harry" (Mombius Hibachi)
"This Is For Cows" (The Bit)

amazonAMAZON

UNOwenWasHim

Should I be worried that I wasn't sure of what was the real title and the "right wrong" one in some of the propositions?  :D