(the) Melvins - Tarantula Heart

Started by rimb, February 06, 2024, 04:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemispheres

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7-4Eetj33c9BgKiKCQYMkw
Subscribe to my Youtube channel if you want to know the truth.

John Schuller

Listened to it again today - still amazing. I think this record is weird as fuck, I feel like they have finally hit peak Captain Beefheart Metal - I mean - what the hell kind of song is "She's Got Weird Arms"? And the drums all through "Pain Equals Funny" are really cool - they are driving in a way that is fairly intense. And Steven's bass sound is sick!!!! There is not a moment wasted.

Helen83

Quote from: John Schuller on April 22, 2024, 06:43:19 PMListened to it again today - still amazing. I think this record is weird as fuck, I feel like they have finally hit peak Captain Beefheart Metal - I mean - what the hell kind of song is "She's Got Weird Arms"? And the drums all through "Pain Equals Funny" are really cool - they are driving in a way that is fairly intense. And Steven's bass sound is sick!!!! There is not a moment wasted.

First one to sample & loop the drum break of Pain Equals Funny at the 5:30 mark gets first prize

))))((((

More than any other band, after absorbing a new Melvins album relentlessly for a couple of weeks, i then very quickly feel ready for the next one! I already feel that way again now. Most bands will tour off the back of a release for 2/3 or more years and i never feel overly eager for their next release. Yet with Melvins we always know another thing will emerge pretty soon. So that has me forever looking forward to whatever is on the horizon.

vince furnier

Quote from: Helen83 on April 23, 2024, 03:09:03 PMFirst one to sample & loop the drum break of Pain Equals Funny at the 5:30 mark gets first prize

challenge accepted!

well....i bought the cd at Zia records tonight on the way home from work. had the vinyl fr days but i don't listen to that shit. this album is freakin DOPE! it was the only Melvins cd i could find in the building, BTW. OUCH! they had a decent selection of Melvins vinyl but just that one cd.  :lol:  #-o
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

))))((((

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Not for this one. I'm decorating at the moment and haven't got my Hi-Fi set up. So it could be a week or so before i listen to the CD and the packaging goes bye bye!

Stonergrunge

I just noticed a slight difference between the background of the cover of the CD compared to the vinyl edition, the CD cover only features red drops whereas the vinyl also shows geometrical forms and mathematical formulas.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

))))((((

Stonergrunge

Thank you, Ian!!!  :cheers:

By the way, I understand that the booklet from the vinyl edition is not exactly the same so, if anyone could take photos that would be highly appreciated as well  :D
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Helen83

Quote from: vince furnier on April 23, 2024, 10:35:29 PM
Quote from: Helen83 on April 23, 2024, 03:09:03 PMNow pop a Schoolly D rap over that break!

First one to sample & loop the drum break of Pain Equals Funny at the 5:30 mark gets first prize

challenge accepted!

well....i bought the cd at Zia records tonight on the way home from work. had the vinyl fr days but i don't listen to that shit. this album is freakin DOPE! it was the only Melvins cd i could find in the building, BTW. OUCH! they had a decent selection of Melvins vinyl but just that one cd.  :lol:  #-o

amazonAMAZON

I got my first "loud car play on the desert highway" in today. It's a good driving record. It's funny how with "Pain Equals Funny" moving through so many different sections it feels like an 8-10 song album.

"Allergic" is my fave for sure, but the first two sections of "Pain" are really strong, too. The "Boris" part is interesting how it sort of goes polyrhythmic then trainwreck then polyrhythmic again before dropping into a solid groove for the next part.

It's not big on hooks, even though the melodic part of the first tune is in that Gift of Sacrifice/Five Legged Dog lane. I'll have to see if any of these lyrics come back and embed themselves the way something like Bootlicker or Stoner Witch would.

dead mike

Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres