Dale to design aluminium drum sets!

Started by Andy, July 24, 2010, 08:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen

Quote from: ManWithNoName on July 27, 2010, 01:02:49 PM
Quote from: glen on July 27, 2010, 01:25:33 AM
yeah but danny carey sucks.

oops,  I did it again.
No, he does not. He's extremely talented and knows his shit. He's named dropped Crover on numerous occasions.

But hey, don't listen to me. Listen to Divorce.

aaaahhh!  the eternal tool argument.

I have read your point and regret to inform you that you are wrong.

he sucks.

he doesn't play with one tenth the ingenuity and intensity that dale crover does.  he has no kick.  no edge.   no... je ne' say qua.   whatever the hell that means.  whatever it means danny carey doesn't have it.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Braykfast

"whiskey and axe handles"
- buzzo, boston, june 2010

KITCHENS

Dave Witte plays (or played) an aluminum kit by trickdrums.  http://www.trickdrums.com/

Mad Arab

What is this some kind of trend they are trying to run with? Here Dale play drums on this Pepsi can I found.

Mad Arab

Maybe he should find a plastic mop bucket and play that like that black kid did on those Levi commercials years ago.

CLASSIC Larry Wright Documentary: Origins of an New York City

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

Braykfast

"whiskey and axe handles"
- buzzo, boston, june 2010

Like Stee

Quote from: FART LIPS on July 27, 2010, 12:39:14 AM
danny carey does use a bronze set. and dale and coady's sets are very different. i think only the kicks and snares are the same.
Their snares are different.  Coady plays a Greg Keplinger steel snare.

That Danny Carey kit is incredible, it's made from hundreds of melted down old cracked Paiste cymbals.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

gesundheit

Quote from: glen on July 27, 2010, 08:14:54 PM
Quote from: Braykfast on July 27, 2010, 02:46:31 PM
je no sais quais.

he doesn't have that either.

Yes, yes the Tool argument.

You can think whatever you want and he may "suck" compared to Dale...I may not sway your opinion but here's a few Tool tunes that I've always thought need to be mentioned when speaking about this band. These are appropriate songs for this crowd IMO.

Tool - Jerk-off [live]

Tool - Hooker with a penis

ManWithNoName

Quote from: glen on July 27, 2010, 02:40:37 PM
Quote from: ManWithNoName on July 27, 2010, 01:02:49 PM
Quote from: glen on July 27, 2010, 01:25:33 AM
yeah but danny carey sucks.

oops,  I did it again.
No, he does not. He's extremely talented and knows his shit. He's named dropped Crover on numerous occasions.

But hey, don't listen to me. Listen to Divorce.

aaaahhh!  the eternal tool argument.

I have read your point and regret to inform you that you are wrong.

he sucks.

he doesn't play with one tenth the ingenuity and intensity that dale crover does.  he has no kick.  no edge.   no... je ne' say qua.   whatever the hell that means.  whatever it means danny carey doesn't have it.
Neither of us is right or wrong, that's besides the point. I'm not trying to convince you that Danny Carey is fucking amazing and that you absolutely have to love him and his style.

When you say "he sucks" you actually mean that you "don't like his style" which is perfectly fine. Tool or Danny Carey is not for everyone.

I love you Glen, but I find it very annoying when you say shit like that simply because it's not true.

Mike Portnoy is an extremely talented drummer, do I like his style or his band? Absolutely not (then again, I don't own a fannypack).

That you don't like Tool or Danny Carey is perfectly fine, in fact I couldn't care less. The fact of the matter is Danny Carey does not suck, he's an extremely talented drummer but you just don't like his style (nothing wrong with that).

I couldn't care less about Portnoy or his nerdy band but I'm not foolish enough to suggests he sucks, he's an extremely talented individual but I just don't care for his sound or his band.

Again, I also prefer Dale Crover to Danny Carey, but they have a very different style. Crover's drumming is powerful and visceral. Whereas Danny Carey's style is still powerful but calculated/thought out. A lot of that has to do with how they've been trained. Crover is largely a self-made man, as is Danny Carey but he's studied his art and craft in a more formal setting (school, university, etc).

glen

Quote from: ManWithNoName on July 28, 2010, 10:08:55 AM

I love you Glen, but I find it very annoying when you say shit like that simply because it's not true.

:D

I dig.

obviously he does not suck.  he is a talented musician.  I just love to rattle cages when it comes to tool.   all you have to do is throw around the "S" word and people get huffy real quick.

I just think tool's music isn't nearly as  "tough" as MELVINS is.  and that goes across the board instrument by instrument.

ManWithNoName

For the record, I whole heartedly agree on all counts but I still like me some tool. :p

either way, very few bands can stand up to the melvins.

Like Stee

Quote from: ManWithNoName on July 28, 2010, 10:08:55 AMMike Portnoy is an extremely talented drummer, do I like his style or his band? Absolutely not (then again, I don't own a fannypack).
:lol:

Quote from: ManWithNoName on July 28, 2010, 02:44:59 PM
For the record, I whole heartedly agree on all counts but I still like me some tool. :p

either way, very few bands can stand up to the melvins.
Yes.  Agreed.

satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas