Bad Mood Rising

Started by CoryCory, July 28, 2022, 07:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoryCory

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 31, 2022, 07:45:50 PM
The only thing that has me doubting is the time frame. In ALL the recent Melvins albums they have been announced almost exactly 3 months before they came out. Even the new Dead Cross one has been too. To see Ipecac not even mention Bad Mood Rising yet and for it to come out in just 4 weeks or so seems totally implausible. Maybe they were going to announce it in August and Haze fucked up by mentioning it.

I went back and seen their next tour is in early September so the album would make it in time for that if it does drop later next month. There's also the possibility the album could drop later and copies available on tour before the proposed release date. I've seen that happen with a few bands in the past.

Definitely would be a new spin on old tricks and give the new album a more personal feel if you got it earlier than trying to order from Ipecac or whereever.

#2 Pencil

Upcoming tour like you said makes sense. But also take into account pressing delay issues. Also Melvins prob wanted to make sure they had enough Amrep pressed discs from plant for
1. What Haze wants to release
2. Enough left over discs for letterpress

Ipecac press release could be off the mark and Patton back with a release is a big deal for them.
Melvins stock may be delayed somewhere and not ready as early as Haze dropped. I'm sure it will be announced but could even be after Hazes stuff. They maybe wanting to allow Haze to market his gear first 🤷‍♂️
I heard their periods attract bears

GiveMe45

Art prints up for sale now at Shoxop!!

))))((((

Quote from: GiveMe45 on August 01, 2022, 05:41:10 PM
Even though i know it's wrong, as a Sonic Youth fan i still can't help but keep thinking of this album as Bad MOON Rising, so to see the same typo error on the site is rather humorous.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: ))))(((( on August 01, 2022, 06:03:52 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on August 01, 2022, 05:41:10 PM
Even though i know it's wrong, as a Sonic Youth fan i still can't help but keep thinking of this album as Bad MOON Rising, so to see the same typo error on the site is rather humorous.

I have the same problem, I keep calling it "Bad MooN Rising"  :lol:
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Chief Ten Beers

I wonder if cheapy CDs and limited vinyl will be put up at the same time? The CD is a no-brainer. Not splurging on limited vinyl, plus I don't play the "Wait online hoping I can complete a purchase before it sells out" game. If I really like the tunes, I would consider a factory version LP. I wonder if AmRep will bother to put it out as a larger pressing factory version, if months later Ipecac were also to put out widespread vinyl. Seems like they wouldn't want to compete. AmRep the limited, Ipecac the standard vinyl?

amazonAMAZON

We don't get to see the bears, but it doesn't seem like the two labels cannibalize each other terribly. I think the people buying AmRep either always buy everything Melvins or only buy AmRep.

*'bears' was autocorrect from 'numbers' but I liked it

jules

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on August 03, 2022, 09:10:37 PM
We don't get to see the bears, but it doesn't seem like the two labels cannibalize each other terribly. I think the people buying AmRep either always buy everything Melvins or only buy AmRep.

We get to see the AmRep bears: we know how many records are manufactured and we know that 100% are sold. In about a week. What every manufacturer wants.

))))((((

Looks like it might be coming out early September! Dylan Carlson on the first track.

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/melvins/bad-moon-rising

A better cover art from Haze than i expected too! Although i would still have liked to have seen what Mackie would have offered up.

vince furnier

surprised to see a poster tube from Shoxop today. guess i didn't order a slab of vinyl sunday, eh?  :facepalm: 8-[ :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

amazonAMAZON

QuoteSix brand new songs! The best part about a new Melvins album is that you're never quite sure what you're going to get. That's the genius of these guys! With Bad Mood Rising it's a tuned down rock and roll nightmare. BIG riffs and scary vocals. The album starts with ''Mr Dog is Totally Right'' which clocks in at over 12 minutes. This song also features guest guitarist Dylan Carlson from the world famous band Earth. What a treat!! From there it goes into ''Never Say You're Sorry''. It sounds like the way a big mean dog walks. Great fun! The rest of the album rounds out nicely. ''Hammering'' might be one of the catchiest songs the Melvins have ever written.

Just the blurb from Rough Trade page.

black stallion

a skull on the cover?? i can't believe it
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on August 05, 2022, 01:01:48 AM
a skull on the cover?? i can't believe it
Yeah, i think we all knew it would most likely feature again. It's the same skull design that was on the Bad Mood Rising t-shirts they sold on the last tour too.

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on August 04, 2022, 11:03:10 PM
''Hammering'' might be one of the catchiest songs the Melvins have ever written.
Makes me wonder what is currently the most catchy Melvins song. 'Maybe I Am Amused' from Basses Loaded perhaps?

black stallion

anyway, i like this cover
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

CoryCory

I had a dream last night the album was 29 minutes and that brought me joy.

Someone also told me it was too short and I said "so listen to it twice."