The Melvins in 2021...?

Started by johnnyg, January 16, 2021, 10:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 27, 2021, 12:55:06 AM
Quote from: blacksanta on September 26, 2021, 11:02:22 PM
Meh, no portland, melvins are an opening act, expensive tix, will sound like shit, likely to be cancelled anyway.

In 1992, what 3 bands would have gone on tour together to celebrate an album's 30th anniversary (1962)?
Bob Dylan and the Beach Boys.
Stevie Wonder celebrating his debut album "The Jazz Soul of Little Stevie", touring with Ministry and Corrosion of Conformity.

hemispheres

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7-4Eetj33c9BgKiKCQYMkw
Subscribe to my Youtube channel if you want to know the truth.

blacksanta

Wish list:
Melvins release a 7" with two covers:
Heaven Tonight - Cheap Trick
Bridge of Sighs - Robin Trower

That would be dope.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

the bloat

Those are interesting cover picks there!

blacksanta

Oh they would be heavy as fuck
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

amazonAMAZON

Those sound interesting. I'd still rather have them revisit some rarities - Sawed Off tracks or the Clown Series B-Sides - just so I can selfishly get them in a digital form that's not a bootleg vinyl rip on YouTube.

I'd also love to have them cover an earlier Beck tune. Novocaine, Minus or Mutherfucker seem like on-the-nose options. The rare "Glut" or "Grizzly" would be amazing heavy tunes. Oddities like something off of Stereopathetic Soulmanure or basically anything Beck from 1999 or prior would make me giggle and shit myself (is that where shits and giggles come from?)

jules

Two nights at GAMH at the end of the year:

https://gamh.com/shows-melvins/

Tix on sale Monday from 10am Pacific

amazonAMAZON

Hmmm... Two nights in San Fran. That last line of the bio hints that maybe one of the two nights might include a Melvins Lite or Melvins 1983 perhaps. Or maybe even Pinkus or BB lineup! If I read into it too much I start thinking of ditching the wife and kids for this.

))))((((

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on November 20, 2021, 01:13:45 AM
That last line of the bio hints that maybe one of the two nights might include a Melvins Lite or Melvins 1983 perhaps.
Being that it's 2 nights at the same venue and the emphasis in the text about the various line-ups, makes me think they will be totally different special shows each night. Maybe something similar to that Spaceland residency years ago where they performed different albums on each show.

the bloat

Acoustic one night and electric the other night? Perhaps? And in June 2022, we get a double live album, limited, vinyl release with both recordings? Just thinkin' out loud here...

Bigval

Quote from: the bloat on November 20, 2021, 09:42:39 PM
Acoustic one night and electric the other night? Perhaps? And in June 2022, we get a double live album, limited, vinyl release with both recordings? Just thinkin' out loud here...

I think there might be a few releases on the way next year to make up for all the lack of touring which is where they make the vast majority of their income. The Ministry support tour is probably just to keep the lights on.

))))((((

There will definitely be at least one new Melvins album next year. Something to tour heavily off the back off. Im guessing that will surface sometime in Spring/Summer. I wouldn't be surprised if we do get quite a few things though. Perhaps some EP's or other AmRep releases. They seem to have done a lot of recording with Toshi this year. Probably some new Buzz solo effort also i would guess.

amazonAMAZON

If there's another round of cover songs, I hope it's Buzz w/ Trevor and we can finally get that Gift of Sacrifice tour. New original material for Melvs with Steven, please!