Tres Cabrones

Started by Idlehanz, July 15, 2013, 04:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentabousko

not feeling the cover art they usually bring the thunder. i'm going to tell them this when i see them on thurs.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/08/melvins-1983-lineup-reunites-for-new-album-tres-cabrones/

Earlier this summer, Melvins kicked off their 30th anniversary celebration with an extensive US tour. Now, they've reunited with original drummer Mike Dillard for the release of Tres Cabrones, due out November 5th via Ipecac Recordings. (Drummer Dale Crover, who replaced Dillard back in 1984, moved to bass for the album's recording.) This marks Dillard's first full-length recording with the band, having only previously appeared on the Mangled Demos from 1983 collection.

"Tres Cabrones is as close as we're willing to get to the Melvins 1983 line-up," said frontman Buzz Osborne in a statement. "The best part is it's all new songs. I specifically wrote tunes that would be good for these guys to play and it worked out great. We had no interest in rehashing tunes we wrote 30 years ago and chose instead to simply create NEW songs. It worked out perfectly."

The 12-track album isn't the first time Dillard's appeared with the band since his departure. Last year, they released the four-track 1983 EP. Before that, Dillard joined the band during several shows, including 2005 promotional dates behind Mangled Demos from 1983 and during an Endless Residency at San Francisco's Spaceland.

The band's 30th anniversary tour wraps up at the end of this month. Consult the full schedule below.

Melvins 30th Anniversary Tour:
08/07 – New Orleans, LA @ One Eyed Jack's *
08/08 – Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live – Studio *
08/09 – Austin, TX @ Mohawk *
08/10 – Dallas, TX @ Trees*
08/13 – Salt Lake City, UT @ Club Sound *
08/14 – Boise, ID @ Neurolux *
08/16 – Seattle, WA @ Neumo's *
08/17 – Seattle, WA @ Neumo's
08/18 – Bellingham, WA @ Wild Buffalo Hall of Music
08/19 – Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom *
08/20 – Portland, OR @ Wonder Ballroom *
08/22 – San Francisco, CA @ Slim's *
08/23 – Sacramento, CA @ Ace of Spades *
08/25 – Los Angeles, CA @ FYF Fest
08/26 – San Diego, CA @ Casbah *
08/27 – Pioneertown, CA @Pappy & Harriet's *

* = w/ Honky
true men don't kill coyotes

Captain CoryCory

Now I'm curious to see what tracks from previous 1983 releases make it.

Chief Ten Beers

From a recent Buzz interview posted here, he said it will include the 4 songs from last year's AmRep EP (Psycho-delic Haze, Stick 'Em Up Bitch, Stump Farmer, Walter's Lips)  + the new Scion track "Dr. Mule", and the Bash 13 track "American Cow". So that leaves 6 songs that we haven't heard yet.
I'm sure some will bitch that half the CD contains songs you already bought. :lol:

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on August 05, 2013, 03:33:17 PM

I'm sure some will bitch that half the CD contains songs you already bought. :lol:

Yeah, I was thinking that too, but for me it's good news. Makes me feel better about not getting a hold of the EP last year

Metalhead Cow

I'll be honest-I usually love Melvins album covers, and this one's no exception. Love it.  :)

(the) flutter nuts

Novernber is too far away!
I got the shits real bad.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on August 05, 2013, 03:46:21 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on August 05, 2013, 03:33:17 PM

Yeah, I was thinking that too, but for me it's good news. Makes me feel better about not getting a hold of the EP last year

Well I bought the CD EP at last year's show, but didn't need to collect all 4 covers, so I sold 3 of them at cost and it was basically $6 for the one I kept. The Bash 13 CD was great too for $5. American Cow is an awesome track! The rest of the tracks by the other groups are great too. Not into Die Kruzen though. The singer sounds like Paul Stanley. :lol:

BuffaloSmashFace

Hope they tour this in Europe.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: BuffaloSmashFace on August 05, 2013, 05:08:38 PM
Hope they tour this in Europe.

From what I've read by Buzz/Dale and what Walsby told me, Melvins83 will not tour outside of Washington state area. Dillard has a normal life - family and a full time job.

Dan_Halen

The newer 1983 tracks are excellent, they seem to be progressing. That being said I am a little disappointed that they are recycling the original 4 song ep and lumping it in with the new tracks. I was hoping for stuff all from the newer recordings. I'm pretty sure American Cow is Bash 13 only tho, at least that's what Haze said. I hope after this the 4 piece line up makes it back into the studio to do something. Bulls& Bees was so incredible, I want a full length album that continues where that ep left off.
Los ticka toe rest

Stonergrunge

nah, I disagree, just think of all the people who couldn't buy the 1983 Ep, I think it's great to see a more massive and accessible release of that stuff.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: Dan_Halen on August 05, 2013, 06:38:39 PM
The newer 1983 tracks are excellent, they seem to be progressing. That being said I am a little disappointed that they are recycling the original 4 song ep and lumping it in with the new tracks. I was hoping for stuff all from the newer recordings. I'm pretty sure American Cow is Bash 13 only tho, at least that's what Haze said.

http://www.craveonline.com/music/articles/537037-interview-the-melvins-talk-regrets-the-future-not-getting-the-joke

CO: Do you have any ideas on another full length? Will it be full Melvins or Melvins Light? 

BO: The next album for us is already in the can and will come out in October. The line up this time is me, Dale and Mike Dillard. It's Melvins 1983, but it's new songs. It also includes the 4 song 1983 Melvins EP we did last year, and American Cow, and Dr. Mule. The rest of the album consists of new songs that no one has heard at all yet. It's a fine album and I'm really proud of it. I'm glad we could do this with Mike

Idlehanz

Quote from: Dan_Halen on August 05, 2013, 06:38:39 PM
The newer 1983 tracks are excellent, they seem to be progressing. That being said I am a little disappointed that they are recycling the original 4 song ep and lumping it in with the new tracks. I was hoping for stuff all from the newer recordings.

Mike only had a few days in LA to learn, practice and record the eight new songs. I think that contributes to there not being more new stuff.

JUDY

This explains all the recent dreams I've been having about two headed goats :shock:

Dan_Halen

Quote from: JUDY on August 05, 2013, 09:44:06 PM
This explains all the recent dreams I've been having about two headed goats :shock:

Those aren't dreams.
Los ticka toe rest