26 Aug 2015 - Pappy & Harriet's, Pioneertown

Started by jules, August 21, 2015, 12:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supernaut

Assuming this tour is Big Melvins/sans Pinkus?

(...fantasizing, however, about 2 drumbers + 2 bassers, because why not...)

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: supernaut on August 23, 2015, 05:53:57 PM
Assuming this tour is Big Melvins/sans Pinkus?

(...fantasizing, however, about 2 drumbers + 2 bassers, because why not...)
Yeah, Pinkus is on tour with Honky right now.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

supernaut

Thanks Butts. Will have to miss this go 'round anyway, looks like. Would have been nice to see the Big Biz boys back. Y'all have fun.

John Schuller

TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking stoked. Out in Joshua Tree right now, the Hi-Desert. (just take a look at these images to get an idea of what Joshua Tree is like

https://www.google.com/search?q=joshua+tree&safe=off&rlz=1C5MACD_enUS503US505&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=650&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIr-as5aXHxwIVjTiICh224gTW

Pappy and Harriets is in the middle of Pioneertown, an old stage set for Western movies and TV shows back in the 40s and 50s. Middle of fucking nowhere in the desert. Best kind of place to see the Melvins. As Redd Kross said it two weeks ago at the same venue: "This is our Partridge Family Roadshow!".

I will not be taking video or photos or the setlist (I am horrible with song titles of theirs since the Trilogy - too many albums! hahahah!!! ) I will update on the merch situation.

jules

Boo

Show is sold out
What's the likelihood of showing up early and getting tickets?
Anyone have extra tickets?

I need 2
But I can deal with just one and telling other people to piss off...

If not then, well...This will be the third melvins show where I listen and drink in the parking lot...

John Schuller

Wish I had an extra. Not sure if they will have extra tickets - but - not a bad venue to listen to the Melvins outside from. Last time I saw them here - I listened to some of the set from the parking lot and it sounded amazing out in the desert.

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

homeless_dad

I love Joshua Tree! (not the album)
I used to climb the humongous boulders out there and camp every winter break as a kid. 
My brother broke his leg out there and I got car sick on that twisty road going out there.
Lovely memories!
Is Ian back yet??

bUTTHOLEmAN

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Captain CoryCory

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on August 27, 2015, 04:50:38 PM
Any word of a setlist by chance?
Onions
Evil New War God
Water Glass
Bloated Pope
Billy the Fish
Civilized Worm
Anaconda
Sweet Willy
Bride of Crankin
Growing Disgust
Doomed
YOA
BIT
Yer Blessened
History of Drunks

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

(PAUL)

Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

John Schuller

The show was stellar. Big Biz killed.

This solidified why I am so glad there are many versions of the Melvins at once. I was someone who got tired of the double drum thing - then had a few shows with just Dale on drums - then two years later get double drums again and holy shit it was insane!!!! Jared has the absolute best bass tone of any Melvins bass player that exists.

Merch was: Melvins Rule You Do Not shirt, Stoner Witch shirt, lots of vinyl and 7"'s including Altamont stuff. Lots of Walsby stuff. No letterpress or Amrep rarities (other than sugar daddy's)