Melvins 1983 Mullet

Started by Tobias, September 06, 2020, 08:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on October 15, 2020, 12:21:23 PM
now just think to this song with Dale on drums..
To be honest, listening to the song, i can't imagine that Dale would have done very much different. In fact it even sounds a bit "Dale" to me.

All in all, it makes me really want to know more about Dillard. It would be great to see an interview with him. I'd love to know if he kept up the drum playing all these years or whether he left it alone in the down time until the 1983 idea came along. I just wonder what kind of character he is and how he fits into the band etc.

Currently watching Idle's video of a 1983 gig. Pretty damn cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHBOM_PZ99c

Dumpster D

jules

Dumpster D

amazonAMAZON

Listening to Tres Cantonese. Maybe these novelty songs were things the band would joke about in their youth, on the tour van or whatever. I like 'em.

Dumpster D

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 19, 2020, 09:20:33 PM
Listening to Tres Cantonese. Maybe these novelty songs were things the band would joke about in their youth, on the tour van or whatever. I like 'em.

That's what I was kind of saying. It's gotta be some kind of inside Joke or something from back in the day.

CoryCory

I'm also in the boat of liking the novelty songs. Melvins 1983 is supposed to capture a more juvenile nature of the band, anyways.

Also gonna try to get in on the order for the vinyl Sunday. Haven't done one of those in awhile but I really like both songs I've heard.

JFKC

So, does that shit go on sale at midnight Sunday? Me must have, Me no wait

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: JFKC on October 21, 2020, 05:24:40 PM
So, does that shit go on sale at midnight Sunday? Me must have, Me no wait
Noon central, shoxop.com
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

JFKC

amazonAMAZON

DD I also wrote My Sweet Lord for George Harrison ;)

Dumpster D

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 21, 2020, 08:10:33 PM
DD I also wrote My Sweet Lord for George Harrison ;)

That song doesn't annoy me the way the Melvins cover of 99 bottles of beer and tie my pecker to a tree are supposed to annoy people.

I think that's probably why those funny cover songs are a Melvins 1983 thing, because the band is named after a most annoying type of person, and I would imagine that the Tres Cabrones was done in the spirit of being obnoxious.

PepsiMike

'Tie my pecker to a tree' is weird, how do you tie your pecker to a tree? You've got to either have a really big pecker, or a really small tree. Makes no sense.

jules

Quote from: PepsiMike on October 23, 2020, 10:15:15 AM
'Tie my pecker to a tree' is weird, how do you tie your pecker to a tree? You've got to either have a really big pecker, or a really small tree. Makes no sense.
I don't think it's the size of tree or pecker that's important, rather the diameter of twine.