Melvins Blixt Merchandise

Started by jules, March 16, 2014, 11:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Quote from: AxelFoley on May 25, 2020, 10:35:31 AM
Bassed Loaded on the other hand is far too crowded.
Agreed. I think it would have been better if all the creatures around the skull were coloured differently. All that red was didn't work and compositionally it didn't all fit together too well.

amazonAMAZON

Basses Loaded is just a terrible looking skull. The shape of the eye sockets and the dimple line next to it make it look like the skull has eyebrows and I using them to make a puzzled pansy look. Then the nose is this weird nutsack...

https://youtu.be/Rx1ufhsUwmM

black stallion

old school Melvins artworks are the best
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on May 25, 2020, 12:01:27 PM
the dimple line next to it make it look like the skull has eyebrows
Ha!!! I had never actually noticed that before. Now i know im going to see it every time!

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on May 25, 2020, 12:29:38 PM
old school Melvins artworks are the best
Speaking from a purely visual perspective and without trying to consider nostalgia, i would actually say one of my favourite album covers is Freak Puke. At least in terms of the Mackie, Ipecac ones.

Funnily enough, when i go back and look at all of them, i dare say Melvins have a LOT of bad cover art!! Or at least bad to me anyway. Bullhead, Stag, Houdini, Electroretard and the aforementioned Basses Loaded being frontrunners. Bullhead being easily their worst which is a shame since it's a great record.

amazonAMAZON

Bullhead, Stag, Houdini, and Electroretard are iconic and awesome. Just a matter of opinion I guess.

GiveMe45

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on May 26, 2020, 08:38:10 PM
Bullhead, Stag, Houdini, and Electroretard are iconic and awesome. Just a matter of opinion I guess.
I love all of them.  Pretty sure their goal all along was to make their artwork be silly on purpose to separate themselves from other bands that had crazy evil artwork that they were much heavier than musically.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: GiveMe45 on May 26, 2020, 09:15:53 PM
I love all of them.  Pretty sure their goal all along was to make their artwork be silly on purpose to separate themselves from other bands that had crazy evil artwork that they were much heavier than musically.
agreed- The incongruous fruit basket made the heaviness of bullhead, for example, that much more noticeable. Much better than any typical 'heavy' artwork.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

black stallion

add Eggnog, Lysol, Ozma, GPT!

amazonAMAZON

Mackie's art during the Kevin years was particularly well suited, too. I loved the trilogy art and I love the HAT art especially the singles with those brash polka dots. But Colossus of Destiny takes the cake. I find it so Melvinsy and intriguing. Nice typesetting and layout. Serene turned foreboding a bit.

black stallion

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on May 27, 2020, 01:14:48 AM
Mackie's art during the Kevin years was particularly well suited, too. I loved the trilogy art and I love the HAT art especially the singles with those brash polka dots. But Colossus of Destiny takes the cake. I find it so Melvinsy and intriguing. Nice typesetting and layout. Serene turned foreboding a bit.

agreed, totally. trilogy and HAT have great artworks too. my least favourite artworks are the most recent.. starting from ASA probably.  also not a fan of Amrep reissues artworks

Mount Ambulance

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

jules

5w33t 1ntu1t10n

Quote from: jules on July 16, 2020, 12:53:26 PM
Bandana and Face Mask up on Blixt.

https://blixtmerchandise.shop/the-melvins

I just ordered this combo. Couldn't pass up a bandana, and we'll, thought I might as well throw in a mask since my state just mandated it.
*Grow Thy Beard )))((( it shall be the wild forrests of thine Kingdom and unto all shall bring great peace and prosperity throughout the land as was told the prophecy*

vince furnier

ordered 2 of the masks, the Stag skelly shirt and PAT vinyl. it arrived with only one mask in the package but they promptly sent me the other one.

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery