Best Melvins Pic Ever

Started by Живојиновић, June 24, 2009, 03:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

That was the whole point of whoever took the shot.

Mount Ambulance

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

Mount Ambulance

jules

deatheats

Well, since Adam was playing with them it was most likely a Jelvins tour. 
And since they are dressed up odds are it was on Halloween.   I'd say S.F. Halloween, 2004 or 2005 is a good bet.

jules

Quote from: deatheats on July 22, 2014, 05:19:08 PM
And since they are dressed up odds are it was on Halloween.   I'd say S.F. Halloween, 2004 or 2005 is a good bet.
The Hallowe'en 2004 gig was the Alternative Tentacles 25th Anniversary Show (with Adam Jones, too?) - SCAC, Bellrays, Fleshies and Comets On Fire also played. If that jogs anyone's memory?

bUTTHOLEmAN

It's probably 2004.  There was a french review a while ago that said something about Buzz being dressed up as 'a witch of Salem.'
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

jules

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 22, 2014, 06:09:44 PM
It's probably 2004.  There was a french review a while ago that said something about Buzz being dressed up as 'a witch of Salem.'
Was the BBS active in 2004? I'd have thought there'd have been a smattering of photos from this gig seeing as how special it was.

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: jules on July 22, 2014, 06:18:41 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 22, 2014, 06:09:44 PM
Was the BBS active in 2004? I'd have thought there'd have been a smattering of photos from this gig seeing as how special it was.

if by active you mean in existence; then yes ... if by active you mean a hotbed of action; then I don't recall ... don't remember where I originally even stumbled across that pic ... as I said in the original thread; I've also seen a pic of Buzzo wearing like witch/wizard get up whilst recording the Jelvins (Arthur Magazine, Jan. 2005).

here's a link to the article (sans pix) ... still has some Melvins content though

http://arthurmag.com/2012/09/11/god-bless-jello-biafra/

anaconda

hell ya, the board was active before 2004. I lurked quite a while and finally signed up
on December 05, 2003 and prior to that we had the nerdlist which was active for a few
years before if i remember. Anyone else remember Gene's Melvins Shack????

Mount Ambulance

Metalhead Cow

I think I started posting as a guest in 2002 or 2003, and joined the board for real in 2004. I remember Gene's Melvins Shack, as well as the Captain Pungent site! Way back in the 2002-2004ish era there used to be two full Melvins shows from 2001 streaming on this homepage. One of them had Dale singing "Whipping Post" at the end of With Teeth. There was also a show from 1997 streaming, where  they had an audience member play drums on Sacrifice. Does anyone remember these shows, or have access to them? I would LOVE to see/hear that footage/audio again, if it's still out there somewhere.

(PAUL)

I got the 1997 show, it's good, I believe that was from the Helmet tour. Anyone remember MelvinsLand? I believe that site started the Melvins-L nerd list back in the day.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.