(the) Melvins - Tarantula Heart

Started by rimb, February 06, 2024, 04:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on April 26, 2024, 05:38:01 PMYeah I debate that internally, too. I definitely consider Buzz solo records to be Melvins side projects. I lean towards categorizing the DC solo or any future DC Band records as Melvins side projects. I don't consider Altamont's to be Melvins records, though.

Please enlighten some of the 'guests' reading these posts with some Trivia in relation to Altamont and Acid king... possibly other related bands like Goatsnake too.

John Schuller

I cannot stop listening to the new album.

Damn I wish they would do a three set tour. Set #1: Bad Mood Rising (in full), Set #2: Throbbing Jazz Gristle Funk Hits (in full), Set #3: Tarantula Heart (in full).

))))((((

Quote from: John Schuller on April 28, 2024, 04:01:20 PMI wish they would do a three set tour. Set #1: Bad Mood Rising (in full), Set #2: Throbbing Jazz Gristle Funk Hits (in full), Set #3: Tarantula Heart (in full).
I'd like to see that too.

amazonAMAZON

Yeah I'd at least like them to do a tour of only Ipecac recordings. That would allow a GPT track or Five Legged Dog acoustic set. But there's so much underrepresented stuff in their sets.

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: ))))(((( on April 28, 2024, 04:48:22 PM
Quote from: John Schuller on April 28, 2024, 04:01:20 PMI wish they would do a three set tour. Set #1: Bad Mood Rising (in full), Set #2: Throbbing Jazz Gristle Funk Hits (in full), Set #3: Tarantula Heart (in full).
I'd like to see that too.

In the flesh  :shock:

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

the bloat

John Schuller

That is a great review.

Still loving this album.

I cannot wait to see some of this music live!!! Maybe Gary Chester can join them for a tour???

))))((((

Quote from: John Schuller on May 03, 2024, 04:26:51 PMI cannot wait to see some of this music live!!!
What songs do you think they might play from the record? Personally i'd like to see Working The Ditch and Smiler. But i have a feeling they would go with She's Got Weird Arms. I can just easily imagine them performing that one. It seems like the one they would choose for some reason.

amazonAMAZON

Quote from: ))))(((( on May 03, 2024, 04:31:25 PM
Quote from: John Schuller on May 03, 2024, 04:26:51 PMI cannot wait to see some of this music live!!!
What songs do you think they might play from the record? Personally i'd like to see Working The Ditch and Smiler. But i have a feeling they would go with She's Got Weird Arms. I can just easily imagine them performing that one. It seems like the one they would choose for some reason.
You're probably right. But I could also see them doing two sections of "Pain = Funny" and calling it a day.

Helen83

Quote from: vince furnier on April 26, 2024, 11:05:44 AM
Quote from: Helen83 on April 25, 2024, 03:13:05 AM
Quote from: vince furnier on April 23, 2024, 10:35:29 PM
Quote from: Helen83 on April 23, 2024, 03:09:03 PMFirst one to sample & loop the drum break of Pain Equals Funny at the 5:30 mark gets first prize

challenge accepted!

Now pop a Schoolly D rap over that break!

not many Schoolly D acapellas available but hope this works for ya. had to speed up the tempo of the vox to fit the BPM of the drum break.
https://soundcloud.com/mzrpklps/pain-equals-funny-flip-yes-yes-yall-krs-one-schoolly-d

Haha awesome!

vince furnier

Quote from: Helen83 on May 05, 2024, 09:10:36 AM
Quote from: vince furnier on April 26, 2024, 11:05:44 AM
Quote from: Helen83 on April 25, 2024, 03:13:05 AM
Quote from: vince furnier on April 23, 2024, 10:35:29 PM
Quote from: Helen83 on April 23, 2024, 03:09:03 PMFirst one to sample & loop the drum break of Pain Equals Funny at the 5:30 mark gets first prize

challenge accepted!

Now pop a Schoolly D rap over that break!

not many Schoolly D acapellas available but hope this works for ya. had to speed up the tempo of the vox to fit the BPM of the drum break.
https://soundcloud.com/mzrpklps/pain-equals-funny-flip-yes-yes-yall-krs-one-schoolly-d

Haha awesome!
thanks for checkin it out  8)
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

black stallion

had my first listen finally. good album, probably the most experimental of the recent stuff. some good moments, others a bit meh..it will probably grow on me, for the moment i'd give it a 7/10. to me this and BMR are pretty much at the same level
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Chief Ten Beers

Working The Ditch is one of the greatest standard-length Melvins songs in years. So fucking great. If we were in the era where there was a need to release a single off this album, this would be "the number one hit with a bullet"! :lol:

black stallion

on Pain Equals Funny ,part before of the drum break reminds me a bit of HAT (song Foaming).anyone?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

moose

Quote from: black stallion on May 07, 2024, 12:54:17 PMon Pain Equals Funny ,part before of the drum break reminds me a bit of HAT (song Foaming).anyone?
Yup it gets into that groove for a minute there. I don't hate it tho.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.