No San Diego Date Listed on Melvins site... but announced elsewhere?

Started by mono_666, October 16, 2009, 09:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mono_666

I am planning on seeing the Melvins and Butthole Surfers play Canes in San Diego on Saturday, but am now worried that it isnt happening, as I havent seen the date on the melvins site, only on the venue's.  Is anyone else from here going?  Anyone know what the deal is?

I am the Sun

It lists the date on the Ipecac website and I've gotten a few confirmation e-mails from Canes, so as far as I can tell it's happening

gesundheit

Oh it's happening. Under much turmoil I have my ticket for the show. Of course, I was originally very discouraged by the fact that this show is the same weekend of my gf's birthday and that I was pretty much set on not being able to attend. Then, of course, a friend from work who is the worlds biggest butthole fan  :lol: came and informed me (or so he thought) of the show that was coming up. I told him most likely I can't go due to work that night and the girl's b'day weekend festivities. As the date drew nearer, I started to get that itch (you should all know what I'm talking about) and I decided to say fuck it all. I exchanged shifts with a fellow coworker with some difficulty (who wants to work Sat nights anyway?) and somehow managed to make the time available. Next was the hard part. The girl. I ended up pretty much just getting tickets for us and telling her later. I got yelled at and was told I wasted money and etc. etc. She has seen the Melvins several times and likes them but it's not really the ideal night for her to spend out (ie she didn't come see the down show at hob but that's fine). I AM going but it will be with a pretty sour taste in my mouth knowing that I am guilty of pissing off several people for my own opportunity. Oh Melvins. The trouble I go through for you guys. See you tonight.

5w33t 1ntu1t10n

Your girl is nuts!  What better way to spend a birthday, than with the Melvins!
*Grow Thy Beard )))((( it shall be the wild forrests of thine Kingdom and unto all shall bring great peace and prosperity throughout the land as was told the prophecy*

thehumanvirus