06/25/2004 Seattle,WA Capitol Hill part of Capitol Hill block party

Started by GrimReaper, August 02, 2004, 08:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimReaper

I just read my drunken review, in the wrong fucken section I might add, and it is a pathetic piece of shit. Her's a sober review:

The Capitol Hill block party encompases four city blocks that make a square. You can walk around and eat and drink without cover charge, but to see the shows at the stages on the corners, you must pay $10. So a lot of people just sit out side and listen. The only thing that separates you is a black curtain.

I paid the money and went to the beer garden at the main stage for the only band I was interested in: Melvins.

Not a lot of people were there at first. Melvins played the last set of the weekend. I saw Dale come out and start tuning his drums. I went right to the front of the stage. Then Buzz and Kevins show up. They start tuning and doing sound checks like they just showed up. Which they may have. This goes on for a long time so. I started recording and I stopped about 5 times, they were just walking around bull shitting. Buzz in his dress, Kevins with his dress on like a toga, showing his shorts. I can't remember what Dale had on.

Buzz came out the left side mic and started one of his famous rants. I recorded this so I will post it later. He said he's not getting paid, so he can do whatever the fuck he wants. He will just talk if he feels like it. Said his parents wanted to come but didn't. etc.

Then the magic started and I swear it was one of the tightest sets they have ever played. Queen, a Beutiful version of Promise Me,  I will post the set later..... Revolve, a major jam the pit got fucken crazy as usual.

I found a broken pick on stage, blue medium, snatched it.

Recorded the show and will CD-R it soon, give me time!

After the show I had the post Melvins blues, I went bar hopping for 5 days. Called in sick, didn't go home. Wife is furious. just sobered up.

Next is Scramento for me my friends, if all goes well.

Nothing for sale, no new material played.

I am excited about the new tour, a new poster at every venue! I will buy one at each show and frame them. What do you think?

GrimReaper

Dog Tired

Beto Brasil

hey bro, dont forget me, i need a copy !!! I need a copppppyyyyyyyy!!
grim, im waiting you tell me the shows that you want too!!
thanks bro! :D
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

Simon

coool man! i want a copy when it is ready! see my list! thanks! :D
See new website http://www.swanpad.com.au

GrimReaper

Here's the set:

Sound Check Highlights
Announcements
The World According to Buzzo
Queen
Promise Me
The Fool, The Meddling Idiot
Let It All Be
The Bit
Manky
The Bloat
Night Goat
With Teeth
Untitled
Black Stooges
Eye Flyes

Total time is 1:35

The Bloat is an incredable 12:58 with Buzz jamming alone, with the Klaxon
from two tours ago sounding and last tour's talking doll voice. Then Dale and Kevin join in and I almost broke it out as a seperate song, I was going to call it Capitol Hill Jam or something but decided against it.

Manky is slow!

I am still thinking about the sound checks and what I sould do with it.
Like I said I have never been at a show where they come on stage and not begin right away. So I have 15.34 minutes of some incredable riffs by Buzz, Kevin doing a 4 minute sound check that is funny as hell, saying, Fuck..........................Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu to test his mic. The drum check By Dale. Crowd noise etc. Give me advice.

I will transcribe the Buzzo pre show rantings later. Here are some highlights:

Buzz went to a Seattle Mariners Game and had a great time.

Queen is Kevin's favorite song.

His Mom wanted to come but thought it might be too rowdy...........

The Fool The Meddling Idiot is also an extended version at 10.07.

The Announcement's are from the Capitol Hill Block Party People and a local politician that wanted everyone to register to vote.

Grim

Beto Brasil

Hey Grim my bro, you have lucky man!!!some pics?
:D  :D  :D
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

Green Honey

Quote from: GrimReaperI am still thinking about the sound checks and what I sould do with it.
Like I said I have never been at a show where they come on stage and not begin right away. So I have 15.34 minutes of some incredable riffs by Buzz, Kevin doing a 4 minute sound check that is funny as hell, saying, Fuck..........................Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu to test his mic. The drum check By Dale. Crowd noise etc. Give me advice.

Why not just leave everything how it is? Don't leave off anything you recorded of them.

Metalhead Cow

Sounds cool man! But I have a question: What's "Promise Me"? Is it a cover song? :?

and what's "Untitled"? Are you talking about the 30 second drum intro to HAT?

Simon

how is this coming along? is it nearly ready to trade? :D:D:D

Metalhead Cow

I would love a copy, but I have zero bootlegs, which means I have nothing to trade! :x

blacksanta

Thank you Grim, that sounds great!
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

Kurva

hey grim! so as you can see everyone wants this so...!
howabout throwing it on ftp?

:!:

The Fool

an ftp would be sensational!!!!

...or maybe a trade if you're up for that, as i may have something you don't somewhere.
email: bungled@softhome.net if you want to trade for it  :wink:
take care,
The Fool

Simon

HELLO BRIAN! How are you man?

Grim, did you received my e-mail? I still wanna copy of this 2 shows you taped man! thanks! :D:D:D