05/23/2003 New York, NY Irving Plaza

Started by anon, July 17, 2003, 09:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anon

Here is a review of the Melvins Tour featuring pictures and a fun detailed description of the show.
http://www.geocities.com/c666divine/melvinstomahawk.htm

Anonymous

this was my first live melvins experience, and it was wonderful. the crowd was so violent, that at times, i thought i might die. it seemed rather symbolic, though. i mean, melvins were rocking so loudly that my body seemed taken over, and the people around me in the front threw each other about like nothing trying to gain better position on the floor. i just held my ground and let the music pummel me. it was truly amazing, and i cannot wait to do it again. oh. one more thing. i noticed grimreaper said that a body fell on his head at a show earlier in the tour. well, the same thing happened to me. i was chilling out, listening, during a break in the violence, and this drunken heap slammed down on my head, cracking my neck in new and interesting ways. it was worth it.

scott carlin

I was fortunate enough to see 2 of those shows @ Irving.  The MelvinsFantomas Big Band set was probably the most incredible performance by any band that I have ever seen, and I've been going to shows for close to 30 years...(first show ever.. 1976 New Haven CT...  Kiss w/Judas Priest opening..we all love Judy)...  Was anyone else at the Big Band show? It was total anarchy in the pit!!!.....and for God's sake if someone has a recording of it I will give you my first born child for a copy.....(that's negotiable btw since I don't have any kids)...  Please someone tell me that's floating around out there!  
Scott Carlin

Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

I was at 2 of those Irving shows, including the Big Band. I don't recall the pit getting out of hand, but I was a bit to the side. the most brutal pit I ever experienced was Black Flag back in 1985. It was all midwesten high school linebackers.

Sorry, no recording; amazing show though...
Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
this is serious business here guys.  i don't want a tour of anyones chocolate factory please