Hostile Ambient Takeover

Started by klump, March 25, 2004, 04:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meezer

Vinyl needs a Hostile Ambient Takeover?  :o
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

amazonAMAZON

THOUGHTS:

Can you guys stop writing "HAT"? It sounds stupid. If you can't spell out Hostile Ambient Takeover, could you please just write "Hostile" or "this album" when context supports it? Thanks.

That mini-song presumably about laserdisks really got me this time. I love the Melvins. That sounds like Dale, especially Dale humor. Is that Dale?

I used to think Antivermin Seed was unnecessarily long and there was too much keyboard noodling, but this recent listen I think I just let that heavy black opium molasses seep in the whole way and it was great.

Drumming on this record sounds "sloppy" to me despite others describing it as "tight." I don't mean bad, but just loose. I hear flams that are like two separate hits almost together.

jules

But it says HAT in great big pink letters on the front     :oops:

meezer

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on February 23, 2015, 12:24:55 PM
That mini-song presumably about laserdisks really got me this time. I love the Melvins. That sounds like Dale, especially Dale humor. Is that Dale?
You mean Lizardus?
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Oscar

How is that about laser discs?

homeless_dad

Quote from: jules on February 23, 2015, 01:14:31 PM
But it says HAT in great big pink letters on the front     :oops:

There's Jules, showing off again. Why don't you show off a picture of that locket of Buzz' hair or that vial of Dale's blood you gave to Stallion??  We're all impressed.... :|

It also says HAT on the cd in small lettering. Calling the album HAT has never come close to bothering me.

Killer album. Love it from start to finish.
Is Ian back yet??

Rusty Shackleford

http://www.themelvins.net/writings/daleint01292002.html

"Dale C: Kevin came up with the title. I can't remember where he stole it from. Sounds good though. H. A. T.  for short."

amazonAMAZON

I stand corrected on all counts.

What's the story on "Lizardus" then? I thought he said laserdiscs.

anaconda

Most folks didn't notice that the second Ipecac pressing of HAT CD's had a slightly different cover variant,
look closely at the main 'melvins' type, the bubble around the jackasses, and the way they were rendered:

))))((((

I watched the 1956 movie 'Forbidden Planet' today partly because Buzz mentioned it in regards to the 'Love' soundtrack disk. I've seen it before but many years ago as a kid. Anyway at one point a character proclaims "the fool! The meddling idiot!!". I think i had sort of heard that this title was lifted from somewhere but it was a revelation to me that it was from 'Forbidden Planet'.

the bloat

A Vast Filthy Prison is a super underrated tune. It has the same feel as the Anti Vermin Seed, but is its own unique beast. An excellent way to end an excellent album

black stallion

Quote from: the bloat on September 23, 2017, 05:26:34 PM
A Vast Filthy Prison is a super underrated tune. It has the same feel as the Anti Vermin Seed, but is its own unique beast. An excellent way to end an excellent album

agree
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Bigval

I would just like to officially declare my love for this album again.

What an album.

Fuck.

))))((((

Quote from: Bigval on April 14, 2018, 04:49:41 AM
I would just like to officially declare my love for this album again.

What an album.

Fuck.
In terms of best ever Melvins albums, it's up there. WAY up there.