Melvins Lite - Freak Puke

Started by connor272, February 16, 2012, 12:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anaconda

Quote from: anaconda on May 31, 2012, 11:59:13 PM
This is landmark material. Finest thing Buzz and Dale have conceived in their modern existence.

EvilNewWarGod

This damn thing came out two days ago and my preorder still hasnt arrived yet. Hopefully it will be here today
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

JUDY

Quote from: EvilNewWarGod on June 06, 2012, 09:00:17 AM
This damn thing came out two days ago and my preorder still hasnt arrived yet. Hopefully it will be here today
Mine hasn't arrived either :(
That's the gamble you take with lousy pre-orders

The Lite tour dates being posted yesterday helped cheer me up a bit

If it doesn't show up today I'm just going to give in and stream it with headphones....

Melissa

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on June 06, 2012, 12:34:10 AM
Quote from: Melissa on June 05, 2012, 11:44:05 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on June 05, 2012, 08:45:13 PM
Ok after many listens to the album Freak Puke, Worm Farm Waltz is one of the greatest songs i have ever heard!!! the last half of that song is amazing...AAAAAAHHHHHH THIS IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having the exact same thoughts and enthusiasm about Tommy Goes Beserk, including "AAAAHHHH THIS IS SO GOOD!!!" :)
During my first few listens I it wasn't one of my favorites and now I can't stop playing it; every time I hear something new and even more mind blowing that the previous times.  From the first listen this reminded me of Mary Lady Bobby Kins - how it picks up with such excitement.  Does anyone else think there's a similarity?

Yeah, now that you mention that, I see the similarity.  :) I keep saying this, but Tommy Goes Beserk made me think of Prig.
I absolutely agree with you about Prig.  The way it's sung in the beginning - soft/quiet voice - sounds identical to me.

Pound4abrown

Quote from: JUDY on June 06, 2012, 09:51:23 AM

The Lite tour dates being posted yesterday helped cheer me up a bit

If it doesn't show up today I'm just going to give in and stream it with headphones....

This is reason 1-101 why I only do pre-orders if the deal is super good, or if it comes with a high-res download along with the album.

Melissa

Quote from: JUDY on June 06, 2012, 09:51:23 AM
I'm sorry you're still without your cds too.  I have to admit that I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only one, though.  I remember my BSM from Newbury arriving the day it was released and was expecting the same yesterday :(

Uncle Fester

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on June 05, 2012, 11:33:36 PM
Worm Farm Waltz-"We hear things all the time that are not there" and "He said we were sorry... he said we won't worry"
Is that Trevor on vocals?

and listen to the bass line during the part where Buzz is like "and I ain't no..."-It's really interesting.
I KNOW.
it's so beautiful.  :cry:

WGB

Is anywhere selling this with something cool attatched to it? Or should I just wait till Amp Rep decides to fist the fan base?

(((O)))

Quote from: WGB on June 06, 2012, 11:07:27 AM
Is anywhere selling this with something cool attatched to it?
It probably has a sticker.  :)

WGB

Hopefully one that says for fans of Nirvana

Pound4abrown

Quote from: WGB on June 06, 2012, 11:07:27 AM
Is anywhere selling this with something cool attatched to it? Or should I just wait till Amp Rep decides to fist the fan base?

The music on the disc is pretty cool.

black stallion

Quote from: Uncle Fester on June 06, 2012, 10:56:13 AM
Worm Farm Waltz-"We hear things all the time that are not there" and "He said we were sorry... he said we won't worry"

and listen to the bass line during the part where Buzz is like "and I ain't no..."-It's really interesting.
I KNOW.

why are you crying?is it joy or you wish Trevor was a permanent member?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

MMajor

Quote from: black stallion on June 06, 2012, 11:43:14 AM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on June 06, 2012, 10:56:13 AM

I KNOW.

Dale's background vocals are very prominent throughout the album.  Trevor's in there at a few points, but not nearly as much as Dale.

pinkyslim

Speechless.

Last time I was this stoked about a MELVINS release was H.A.T.
Tommy goes beserk is so refreshing.  the entire release is sooo nice
and quiet then the build up...

simply clean and heavy. The vocals are all over the place in a pure way.
Dale's talents shine. 

I remember seeing the first show of MELVINS lite in San Diego last year.  The set was
strong.  Mostly MELVINS covers w/ Trevor fuckin shit up in an awesome way.
Never would have thought the new stuff would rock so hard and heavy.

Way to go MELVINS =D>
thanks for the songs..

glen

Quote from: pinkyslim on June 06, 2012, 12:19:12 PM
The vocals are all over the place in a pure way.

great point.  perhaps something thats been missing since the 4 piece era started and they've focused more on vocal harmonies and less on effects.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN