Covers I'd like to hear...

Started by cara, October 22, 2008, 08:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am the Sun

the wicker man ost-festival/mirie it is/sumer is a-cumen in

I can imagine the Big Business lineup doing justice to this, especially when the vocals come in.

JUDY

Chief Ten Beers

FRANK ZAPPA -- I COME FROM NOWHERE

I don't think anyone has ever covered this song, and this would be right up Melvins alley. That fucking solo at 3:03 :o Anyone who says FZ's guitar playing went downhill post '79 needs to crank this mofo.

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

Hot Pants

Is that Jim Martin from FNM? im guessing yes, sounds like it. never heard his solo stuff before.

Quote from: jules on January 06, 2013, 03:27:10 PM
Not a cover as such, but I'd love them to have been given carte blanche to write the music for Blade Runner. Such a wonderful film. Such dreadful farty keyboard music to go with it.

I'm sure Melvins would have created something more appropriately claustrobic and threatening. As it is, I watch this film with the sound down, subtitles on and Pigs of the Roman Empire on the CD player. It works.

boo. boooooooooooooooooo!

Quote from: PorcoRosso on January 29, 2013, 06:24:45 PM
No fckuign by nomeansno
or  Bodybag .
I know it is not really their style.
but it is what i want to hear .
or a Thelonius Monk tune .
Just to screw with everyone .
plus monk rules.

I love you for even suggesting Monk.

out of the last 10-15 albums I bought 95% of them were either Melvins or Monk. Monk certainly does rule.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

Chief Ten Beers

blewis

not sure if it's mentioned or not but

Black Flag- Nothing Left Inside would be an excellent cover from the Melvins...

Black Flag - Nothing Left Inside
The one and only....

Chief Ten Beers

Well, Karp did it so there's that. That would be awesome with the dueling Black Flag's out on the road this summer if Melvins decided to do all of side 2 of My War. Would bury either of the Flag's version probably.

I'm sure Pinky wouldn't approve :lol: :bs:

hagus667

The Melvins' version of Deep Purple's "Space Truckin'" that exists in my head tears the original version a new asshole.  And the original version is one of my favorites.  This needs to happen.
"I don't think I should be playing with these medium strings. I need light gauge if I'm gonna thrash!"

anaconda

I'd kill to hear them do anything off Machine Head! But Space Truckin'
or Highway Star would be the wailing ultimate!

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: hagus667 on May 05, 2013, 04:38:05 PM
The Melvins' version of Deep Purple's "Space Truckin'" that exists in my head tears the original version a new asshole.  And the original version is one of my favorites.  This needs to happen.

Quote from: anaconda on May 06, 2013, 08:06:46 PM
I'd kill to hear them do anything off Machine Head! But Space Truckin'
or Highway Star would be the wailing ultimate!

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on May 24, 2012, 02:53:22 PM
So for the first time in years, I've been re-visiting and digging in to the Holy Trinity of Deep Purple (MK II) releases - In Rock/Fireball/Machine Head. In doing so I was hit with the realization that they (Melvins) must really dig Purple ... alot of this stuff sounds really, really similar to the trip Melvins have been on since absorbing Big Biz ... yeah, totally. Then in the recent "Ask Dale" interview; Crover's accolades of Paice just nailed this realization ... suprised I hadn't noticed it before; I mean those three DP records have been pretty central in my music listening ... I know them inside out as it were. So yeah, suprised I didn't notice earlier

Suffice to say they should cover "Bloodsucker" ... sounds right up this line up's alley ...

Deep Purple-'Bloodsucker'-from 'In Rock'-1970
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

homeless_dad

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on May 02, 2013, 03:28:05 PM
That would be awesome with the dueling Black Flag's out on the road this summer if Melvins decided to do all of side 2 of My War. Would bury either of the Flag's version probably.

If only!!!

Is Ian back yet??

homeless_dad

Nirvana- paper cuts

Practicaly already a melvins song.
Is Ian back yet??