Missing live versions?

Started by BERZERKER, June 07, 2016, 01:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BERZERKER

One of my absolute favs by Melvins is Pink Bat, but to my frustration I can't seem to find any live version of this masterpiece, either on youtube or other natural places to search. Is it so that some tracks are never or rarely played live? Pink Bat is a track that would set the crowds on fire. Are there others tracks Melvins never or rarely play live?

Hehe, I came over this gold while searching:

http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=9584.10;wap2

aeustin

They don't really play a whole lot of Kev-o songs live since he departed, it seems. Let It All Be and Bloated Pope excluded.

Now maybe if he were to join them for a new tour...
Wake up to yourself before you die
The truth is hard but it's easy to lie

BERZERKER

Safety Third is another brilliant one. Pigs of the roman empire is a massive record.

http://youtu.be/Ug2xdKy-zc4

homeless_dad

I absolutely love safety 3rd!
Would be cool to hear it live.
Is Ian back yet??

some guy

I'll Finish You Off, Hospital Up, Brass Cupcake, City Dump (which they apparently played in Australia late in 2013), Tommy Goes Berserk, The Horn Bearer, Black Santa, In the Freaktose the Bugs Are Dying

a man can dream
That's neither here Nora there

BERZERKER

Its like with Depeche Mode, some their best tracks arent performed live, like The Darkest Star. Can it have something to do with what they mean fits live, the playability?

some guy

i hope they'll play choco plumbing if they ever tour with jared and coady again
That's neither here Nora there

black stallion

i might be wrong but i think PB has never been performed live
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

BERZERKER

Quote from: black stallion on June 07, 2016, 02:04:19 PM

Safety Third?

black stallion

Quote from: BERZERKER on June 07, 2016, 02:05:11 PM
Quote from: black stallion on June 07, 2016, 02:04:19 PM

Safety Third?

mmh..who knows Schnab..i personally have never seen videos of those songs played live
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

The Minneapolis Kid

Quote from: some guy on June 07, 2016, 01:52:55 PM
Hospital Up, Brass Cupcake, In the Freaktose the Bugs Are Dying

a man can dream

These three I've been dying to hear live. I would kill to see them play Hospital Up and I'm actually kinda surprised it never made it on a set list with the Biz Boys. I think it's definitely one of the stronger songs on that album. Brass Cupcake would probably make me cry if they played it live because I adore that song and ItFtBAD is something I've been wanting to see live forever now. It would be a great closer. When it comes to Honky though, Air Breather Deep in the Arms of Morphius is the one that would be crushing live. It's so fucking heavy that one. I wish, but I doubt they'd ever play it.
Although maybe they have and I don't remember, like GOOGLES has apparently been played live on a tour I saw but have zero recollection of them playing it and dammit I would beat up an old lady to see that live but I guess my brain decided to toss that one.  :?

Der L

I've been hoping to see Hospital Up live more than anything on that record since it came out.

BERZERKER

Ian, it was only a wee bit down on the page! Now its on top!