Bad Mood Rising

Started by CoryCory, July 28, 2022, 07:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PepsiMike

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on August 19, 2022, 01:55:12 PM

I don't suppose anyone got their vinyl yet?

I'm also rather excited for this atypical album release.
Haven't even received a tracking number yet. That said, I expect most should have them by next week.

))))((((

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on August 19, 2022, 01:55:12 PM
I don't expect Dylan to really play a huge role in it. Either it's a long solo in the middle or just rhythm play-along. But I don't really know Earth.
I've listened to the live version so much i'm now used to it like that so can't even begin to imagine where or how Dylan could fit in. Although i suspect you may be right - that it won't be a huge contribution. It's funny that after a long time without long Melvins songs, they suddenly put out a new one. That could be some of Dylan's influence there.

vince furnier

from Melvins official on fb

"Our new LP 'Bad Mood Rising' is racing towards release in Sept. (exact date will be posted here soon). In the meantime there's some limited edition art versions of the LP that are going to be available on Sunday (Aug 21). HAZE XXL collaborated with the ASTOUNDING Chris Mars for the cover art. Seriously look up Chris' art here on FB if you're not familiar, it'll be a feast for your eyeballs to say the least (link below).

Mackie has whipped up some great art for the regular release version, which will be available to stores and mail-order in both LP & CD! We'll be unveiling the Mackie art soon. 

There's a small run of fine art silk screens and linocut block prints of this art available over at shoxop, NOT to be confused with the LP VINYL release. Yeah we know, expecting anyone online to have read this far, well odds of that happening aren't good but hey we tried to warn you before you ordered the wrong thing dummy."
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

))))((((

Quote from: vince furnier on August 20, 2022, 11:20:20 AM
We'll be unveiling the Mackie art soon.
Obviously they want to let the Haze versions get some attention first and not bombard everyone with everything at once. Yet i wonder why they are being so coy about Mackie's art and the release date. Both of which we already have seen anyway.

Bigval

Quote from: vince furnier on August 20, 2022, 11:20:20 AM
Mackie has whipped up some great art for the regular release version, which will be available to stores and mail-order in both LP & CD! We'll be unveiling the Mackie art soon. 

I don't think the limited stuff AmRep does gets released in stores so that all but confirms an Ipecac or another mainstream label release is happening.

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on August 20, 2022, 11:27:50 AM
Obviously they want to let the Haze versions get some attention first and not bombard everyone with everything at once. Yet i wonder why they are being so coy about Mackie's art and the release date. Both of which we already have seen anyway.

Perhaps the limited AmRep stuff hasn't been selling as well lately this is one way to give it a big push, instead of simultaneous release with the Ipecac mainstream release, give the market the AmRep stuff first for the diehards and those curious and then down the track pump the mainstream release out into the public.

Jozzy

I have mine. I am not sure what everyone is expecting from novice reviewers? It sounds like the Melvins. It's good. One of the songs is reminiscent of a song from Pigs of the Roman empire. I would say it is my more favorite Steven releases, who I am not a huge fan of. There? You guys happy? Probably not.

Jozzy

And stop direct messaging me to upload the album to a torrent site. I will not do that. You will have to wait until the release date and steal it from the band via Apple or Spotify where they basically don't pay them at all.  Either way, I will not partake in ripping off my favorite band. Have a great night, folks.

))))((((

Quote from: Jozzy on August 20, 2022, 08:58:26 PM
And stop direct messaging me to upload the album to a torrent site. I will not do that. You will have to wait until the release date and steal it from the band via Apple or Spotify where they basically don't pay them at all.  Either way, I will not partake in ripping off my favorite band. Have a great night, folks.
I hope that wasn't directed at me. I only wanted to hear your thoughts on the album. We're all fans here so i think it is quite normal for people to ask questions or for someone's opinion if someone gets a copy first before everyone else here. Plus don't worry i'll be buying it when it is available regardless.

black stallion

getting a question about the new Melvins album on the Melvins forum? that's totally crazy!!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Jozzy

Quote from: ))))(((( on August 21, 2022, 07:33:41 AM
I hope that wasn't directed at me. I only wanted to hear your thoughts on the album. :( We're all fans here so i think it is quite normal for people to ask questions or for someone's opinion if someone gets a copy first before everyone else here. Plus don't worry i'll be buying it when it is available regardless.

No it wasn't directed at you at all. You're good Ian!

vince furnier

that's slimy. name and shame!  :twisted:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

dirtmerchant

Quote from: Bigval on August 20, 2022, 08:20:33 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on August 20, 2022, 11:27:50 AM

Perhaps the limited AmRep stuff hasn't been selling as well lately this is one way to give it a big push, instead of simultaneous release with the Ipecac mainstream release, give the market the AmRep stuff first for the diehards and those curious and then down the track pump the mainstream release out into the public.

Not selling as well???  Let's see how long it takes for the drop today to sell out. There are people still bitching from missing out last week. With the exception of some amrep factory versions and the king Dunn 10", it all sells out in mins.  600 copies of bad mood rising gone in a couple of mins I bet, at $70 a pop at that. (minus whatever they hold back and possibly keep for tour)  I wish it wasn't that way, I would have a lot less anxiety on sundays if it weren't true 😂

vince furnier

i'll never understand the set of 3 different colored (not coloured) vinyl. that is fukt in my honest opinion. no offense intended.  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Yeah, that's weird to me as well.
It's no wonder they sell out so fast, if they're selling three at a time.
Being a fan first, and a collector second, when I want to buy a record, I really only need one copy - the one I'm going to play.

Then again, who cares what I think about it?
It obviously works for the accounting dept.

And do I really want to put my day on hold so I can buy a record at a specific time?
I guess if it works, great - if not, I'll just buy a flipped copy off one of the kids glued to their phone, or whatever, as with most of the Melvins stuff I've picked up in recent years.
I'd actually be happy to put the extra cash into the band/label's pockets instead of some flipper, but it's set up the way it is, and it doesn't seem likely any of us whining is gonna change anything.

You know, fuck it - it's Sunday, and I'd really rather head off to the pub with the missus for brunch and Bloody Marys, instead of staring at a goddam computer screen. Cheers, y'all!

• • • •

Quote from: vince furnier on August 21, 2022, 10:46:03 AM
i'll never understand the set of 3 different colored (not coloured) vinyl. that is fukt in my honest opinion. no offense intended.  :lol: