Tres Cabrones

Started by Idlehanz, July 15, 2013, 04:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlehanz

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on October 01, 2015, 09:30:26 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on October 01, 2015, 08:52:44 PM
I don't remember who made this design up ( Anaconda?) but whomever did, someone on eBay is trying to make some $ off of it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MELVINS-Tres-Cabrones-Album-Cover-POSTER-12x12-/221371944390?hash=item338acbcdc6
Oh, I remember that.  It's basically fan art, the guy that did it came on here and mentioned it, he's been selling it on ebay for a while.

Ah, ok.  I knew it was fan art but I couldn't remember whose.  So many people get ripped off anymore.  I didn't want to see anyone getting their art stolen.

coodies

"I told you I was crazy" is a great song! The electronic sounds set up the Melvins sludge so sweetly! More of this please!

vince furnier

love this one so much more than Working With God. could change with time and more listens but this one sounds like it has more purpose, more sense of urgency.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

))))((((

Quote from: vince furnier on May 15, 2021, 05:32:54 PM
this one sounds like it has more purpose, more sense of urgency.
Hmm i don't know about that. Maybe, maybe not im not sure. As you have done, i think it is interesting to compare the two though since they are somewhat their own separate things. Buzz said somewhere or other recently that he sees them as being interesting companion pieces. I suppose he approached 'Working With God' in terms of offering up something different to 'Tres Cabrones', but also something that could work alongside it. I suppose if we ever get another Melvins Lite record the same will occur there. It won't be just a Freak Puke Part 2.

buddy holiday

Headsup: the recent ipecac vinyl reissue also got the haze treatment. This art edition of 100 goes up on shoxop this coming sunday.

))))((((

Quote from: buddy holiday on July 04, 2023, 12:44:26 PM
Headsup: the recent ipecac vinyl reissue also got the haze treatment. This art edition of 100 goes up on shoxop this coming sunday.
Am i right in thinking that Tres Cabrones has never had a vinyl release before? I don't recall one.

Colonel Cheese

it was released as limited art edition 7" records on am rep. i have some of them but not all of them.

buddy holiday

That is correct...

Melvins 1983 10"
Melvins / Melvins 1983 sugar daddy split 12"
Gaylord 7"
Helmet split 7"
I told you I was crazy 7"
Amrep bash 13 10"

...that should be it.

CoryCory

I still think this is the best Melvins album of the last decade. Perfect blend of sludgy, punky, rockin' and goofy. All of it makes sense to the context of the Melvins and at the same time it doesn't make sense. This alum should have been serviceable at best but ended up being a banger.