The Crybaby

Started by Vcavallo, December 03, 2003, 12:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Androol

yeah that song rules so fucking hard.

tough to pick a favorite off crybaby but off hand i might go skeleton key. i always kinda thought they were the band who benefited most from that album. intro to them for a whole lot of people and completely out of the park.

this one kinda actually renewed my interest in the melvins when it came out.

norecess

Quote from: Androol on January 25, 2007, 09:10:50 PM

tough to pick a favorite off crybaby but off hand i might go skeleton key. i always kinda thought they were the band who benefited most from that album. intro to them for a whole lot of people and completely out of the park.

Mine Is No Disgrace is my favorite song off The Crybaby.

mopafeena

Quote from: norecess on January 26, 2007, 02:04:19 AM
Quote from: Androol on January 25, 2007, 09:10:50 PM

Mine Is No Disgrace is my favorite song off The Crybaby.

I'd actually forgotten how much i loved this song.

I've actually been listening to Damp today because of this thread.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

Vcavallo

Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

MailOrderBride

i don't care for the crybaby that much as an album, but "mine is no disgrace," "divorced," and "the man with the laughing hand is dead" are some of my favorite songs. so definitely worth getting.

Salty Green

Spineless, Dry Drunk and Blockbuster are all gems, and i wholeheartedly agree with the popular sentiment that Divorced is completely epic.

Can't sit through the Hank III tracks though.

glen

Quote from: Salty Green on April 01, 2007, 07:39:42 PM

Can't sit through the Hank III tracks though.

wha, wha, what???    aw man, thats good shit.  I guess you got to be a small town redneck like me,  but I dig the HankIII stuff.
I struggle a little more with the patton song.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Idlehanz

After owning this album for 7 years, I just realized I haven't given it the proper attention.   Every now and then I get an album, listen to a few tracks, decide I don't like it to much, and it goes on the shelf.  Then, years later, I find it, throw it in, and it blows me away.  Crybaby is the perfect example.  What was I thinkin?  Oh yea, It was 7 years ago and I was a moron.  Anyhow, I'm pretty blown away by this record.  "Mine Is No Disgrace" and "Divorced" are top notch.  Actually, the whole record is really fucking good.

Salty Green

Quote from: Idlehanz on August 02, 2007, 07:46:33 PM
After owning this album for 7 years, I just realized I haven't given it the proper attention.   Every now and then I get an album, listen to a few tracks, decide I don't like it to much, and it goes on the shelf.  Then, years later, I find it, throw it in, and it blows me away.  Crybaby is the perfect example.  What was I thinkin?  Oh yea, It was 7 years ago and I was a moron.  Anyhow, I'm pretty blown away by this record.  "Mine Is No Disgrace" and "Divorced" are top notch.  Actually, the whole record is really fucking good.

my exact experience with Honky.

molotov

suck poppet

'gi joe' is the only one I don't like. I don't always listen to hank III. all the other songs are solid gold in my ears.  I can't believe more people don't seem to like the godzik pink part! I just listened to 'divorced' last night with earphones and it was like hearing it for the first time.
What's that? Not me. Fuck that, I'm a cat.

rictus

I was just listening to this album again and noticed the bass line from 'The Man With The Laughing Hand Is Dead' is exactly the same as the bass in 'A History Of Bad Men', just slowed down and minus the distortion.  :o

norecess

Leroy

crybaby was the first melvins cd i bought, so i didn't quite like it as much as the others back then.

(the) Razor

Quote from: rictus on April 22, 2008, 02:15:32 PM
I was just listening to this album again and noticed the bass line from 'The Man With The Laughing Hand Is Dead' is exactly the same as the bass in 'A History Of Bad Men', just slowed down and minus the distortion.  :o

A glimpse of that riff appears much earlier in the Melvin's career too. Have  a listen to Vile on Ozma.
Don't click this