Melvins Lite - Freak Puke

Started by connor272, February 16, 2012, 12:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZAPPAJOE

For some reason when I went to play this in Winamp on my Droid (through headphones of course), it started playing the middle of Joe Walsh's "Rocky Mountain Way".  For a minute I was like, "Wow, it does have that classic rock sound . . . HEY !! WAIT A MINUTE !!!"

Then I put the song on, and it actually flowed nicely from Rocky Mountain Way into it.  Definitely a cool vibe.  Heavier than what I was expecting.

The Melvins pretty much can do no wrong.  Can't wait for the full album.

black stallion

Quote from: dead mike on May 08, 2012, 11:41:19 AM
I'm not listening to it until I have the CD in my hot little hands.

that's called courage
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(((O)))

How did we all miss this??  :o

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Freak-Puke/dp/B0081GVUDG/ref=ntt_mus_dp_dpd_1

Going by the clips this album seems super freaky indeed!!

black stallion

:shock:

Quote from: )))((( on May 10, 2012, 08:06:11 AM

Going by the clips this album seems their best since POTRE!!

fixed
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

buddy holiday

Quote from: black stallion on May 10, 2012, 08:17:50 AM
:shock:

Quote from: )))((( on May 10, 2012, 08:06:11 AM

Going by the clips this album seems their best since POTRE!!

fixed

well you don't need to listen to any samples to come to this conclusion...

(((O)))

Hard to say anything certain yet with only short snippets but it's very different in part it seems. 'Mr Rip Off' sounds very Sunn O)))!!! 'Inner Ear Rupture' appears to be a contemporary classical styled instrumental interlude there and the title track sounds like a great rocker. I wasn't too taken with the closer 'Tommy Goes Berserk' but a 50 second sample is neither here nor there really. Looking forward to hearing more.

buddy holiday

i am just kidding... like i said i will wait until i hold the album in hands... i just have a feeling that this will please me more that the 4 piece stuff (which i like too).

ah, whatever i mean it's the best band in the world...

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

Rev. Mike

Folks need to discover something other than Sunn as a reference point for something droning.  The bowed bass with strange percussion some ambient dissonance sounds more like soundtrack work, Morricone or something from an Italian horror film.  Sunn is a bit lazy.

(((O)))

Quote from: Rev. Mike on May 10, 2012, 12:54:43 PM
Sunn is a bit lazy.
I agree but it WAS what came straight to my mind. Not just because of the drone but due to the actual notes played and the texture of them too.

brian

Quote from: Rev. Mike on May 10, 2012, 12:54:43 PM
Folks need to discover something other than Sunn as a reference point for something droning.  The bowed bass with strange percussion some ambient dissonance sounds more like soundtrack work, Morricone or something from an Italian horror film.  Sunn is a bit lazy.

mike, i already knew you were on the rag again when I didn't see you at the black dice show the other night

Rev. Mike

Brian, I would appreciate it if you could please be more sensitive to my issues.  I think Tragedy is the next show I am going to see.  Tuesdays are a kid night.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

jules

Quote from: Rev. Mike on May 10, 2012, 03:24:36 PM
Brian, I would appreciate it if you could please be more sensitive to my issues.  I think Tragedy is the next show I am going to see.  Tuesdays are a kid night.
Tragedy still play? God, what I'd give to see that.

Rev. Mike

Yea, I think it's been a couple years I think since a real tour.  Their new album is good, more later era Amebix than d-beat stuff.