Small's Bar Detroit 8-5

Started by glen, August 06, 2008, 01:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am the Sun

Quote from: Brooklyns Finest PoonTang on August 07, 2008, 01:11:39 PM
Quote from: glen on August 07, 2008, 12:13:04 PM
is the problem here that I need a life?

You're not that bad off. There are people that are obsessed with things that are  far stranger and have a much stronger, disturbing obsession.

Prime example - I was with a few friends today and my buddy Sean's phone rings and we get a call from someone telling us that they saw our other friend walking around our small town dressed as The Joker, facepaint and all.You see, our friend here likes to dress up as film characters from movies he really likes and pretend to be them. When you start dressing up like Buzz and saying random quotes from various interviews to people on the street, then you know you've got a problem.

glen

just got the live recording of this show.  is there anything cooler than having a recording of a show you attended?   

great job mister bear and mount ambulance.  my eternal gratitude.

if anyone who was there (jozzy?  armof? EGO?) is interested in hearing this let me know.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Jozz

Quote from: glen on August 27, 2008, 12:19:31 PM
just got the live recording of this show.  is there anything cooler than having a recording of a show you attended?   

great job mister bear and mount ambulance.  my eternal gratitude.

if anyone who was there (jozzy?  armof? EGO?) is interested in hearing this let me know.

I've got it already. Thanks though :)...Mister Bear posted the download in the download section of the board  shortly after the show. It is a really good sounding audience recording.

m3kcomp

where is this download are you speak of?

Jozz

Quote from: m3kcomp on August 27, 2008, 05:32:27 PM
where is this download are you speak of?

http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=10207.0

I know the first link is for Dimeadozen, but he also posted it on his website for the people who don't have an account to Dime. Just scroll down and you should see the link to it.

Ron Maiden

dude at some point in the night i did my "tom and Jerry" yell and I didn't hear it on any of the sets BB or Melvai. I wonder if the taper edited it out. Usually tapers don;'t edit anything and leave the set as it was in its natural state. But if i rememebr right I was right by the taper so maybe i was way high in the recording. it was between songs I know.

Jozz

Quote from: armofinfant on August 27, 2008, 07:54:24 PM
dude at some point in the night i did my "tom and Jerry" yell and I didn't hear it on any of the sets BB or Melvai. I wonder if the taper edited it out. Usually tapers don;'t edit anything and leave the set as it was in its natural state. But if i rememebr right I was right by the taper so maybe i was way high in the recording. it was between songs I know.

I'm pretty sure Mister Bear left it "as is"...My buddy that I was with said he saw him just duct tape his equipment right onto the wall. I see no reason why he'd edit out any of the crowd banter...

MisterBear

Quote from: Jozz on August 27, 2008, 08:08:31 PM
Quote from: armofinfant on August 27, 2008, 07:54:24 PM

I'm pretty sure Mister Bear left it "as is"...My buddy that I was with said he saw him just duct tape his equipment right onto the wall. I see no reason why he'd edit out any of the crowd banter...

I tweaked the recording a little bit to help the bass become a little clearer but everything that was captured on the tape is present on the circulated recording.  Glad those of you who have heard it enjoyed it, it's the best turn out I've had taping the Melvins and I think it was also the best show.  Top notch!  I taped them from an almost identical spot back in Sept 2007 as well with a good turn out but not as good as this one.

gesundheit

Thanks man! Looking forward to these recordings...