Have Melvins inspired you?

Started by ))))((((, July 31, 2022, 09:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

As fans i think we can all say the music of Melvins has influenced us, but has the band had any impact on your life in other areas?

For me i think i would say "yes". Personally i find it inspiring how Buzz just lets his hair go grayer and grayer and now white. Aging doesn't seem to overly bother him. Equally i admire his single vision and how he has 100% conviction in his creative endeavours. That he improvises and finds ways to be creative. I find all that rather impactful on my own life or in following my own interests. In embracing being true to myself and not caring too much about prevailing thoughts or trends. The band will just carry on doing their thing and people can either like it or not. Also i like that in the grand scheme of things - a person can be their own weird selves and that it doesn't really matter too much. By that i mean Buzz has his mumu's or his unconventionally decorated home with Mackie. It makes me think we all only live once and to spend it doing what we enjoy. That we don't all have to follow the crowd or be like everyone else. All that is hugely inspiring and influential to me.

vince furnier

biggest impact they've had on my life was getting online and finding new music from people, here and on fb. my musical tastes were,um......pretty lacking in 2013.  :lol: 8-[
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

amazonAMAZON

Yes.

I think they had an impact on my attitude towards sports and thereby exercise. That they can be fans of baseball or golf, such "traditional" pastimes of the beer swilling public or corporate schmucks, yet enjoy for its own merit said something to me. These are not mutually exclusive.

I think it is also refreshing to know that a group who are so resiliently iconoclastic and provocative and detached from mainstream trends isn't just acting on impulse and throwing out shit as randomly as they can. They practice a lot of planning and self discipline.

Lastly I think it's good to see someone who has maintained such high quality over the years doesn't stay too precious about any given release. I get racked with preemptive regret, aka worry, before saying anything on the permanent record. And I guess that the Melvins make me feel better about just keeping a pace and knowing you can let sleeping dogs lie or you can back and redo it later if it really bothers you. Don't get stuck in analysis paralysis, just commit and move on. Reflect from time to time, but don't dwell.

black stallion

Crover wearing a Sleep shirt, you made my day
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Nizamark

melvins have inspired me... TO ROCK OUT

dead mike

Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

))))((((

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on July 31, 2022, 06:11:07 PM
Yes.

I think they had an impact on my attitude towards sports and thereby exercise. That they can be fans of baseball or golf, such "traditional" pastimes of the beer swilling public or corporate schmucks, yet enjoy for its own merit said something to me. These are not mutually exclusive.

I think it is also refreshing to know that a group who are so resiliently iconoclastic and provocative and detached from mainstream trends isn't just acting on impulse and throwing out shit as randomly as they can. They practice a lot of planning and self discipline.

Lastly I think it's good to see someone who has maintained such high quality over the years doesn't stay too precious about any given release. I get racked with preemptive regret, aka worry, before saying anything on the permanent record. And I guess that the Melvins make me feel better about just keeping a pace and knowing you can let sleeping dogs lie or you can back and redo it later if it really bothers you. Don't get stuck in analysis paralysis, just commit and move on. Reflect from time to time, but don't dwell.
Well said aA.