The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: rictus on March 09, 2010, 03:01:54 PM
Quote from: glen on March 09, 2010, 02:59:34 PM
Quote from: anaconda on March 09, 2010, 02:27:02 PM
Ya, it's from a film made in 1974!!! that's retro! hell that's ancient!

hey now, watch it.

in 74 I was shitting in my huggies.

They made Huggies back then?

The real question is.....Bananas have a butthole ?...which IMO would also make a fine album title.

Bitches of Copacabana

The album title will be something completely different.  Like the Chicken Switch leak it's to throw off illegal downloads.  Poor saps will be typing "The Bride Screamed Murder" into Soulseek while the real album is called "Toe Jam Pop a Wheelie Big Time."   :wink:
"Be-bop boot and shoe, ding dong the bell has been rang."

nickoctane

Quote from: (((O))) on March 10, 2010, 07:12:47 AM
After looking back at all the past covers i've come to a startling conclusion. That is, that virtually ALL Melvins cover art sucks!!! Sorry folks but thats how i see it. I have an MA in fine art so hopefully i know a little about what im talking about here (just a little mind!). Then again perhaps not!  :? Anyway the only Melv related covers that i think don't suck and are actually pretty darn fine are:

A Live History Of Gluttony And Lust
Nude With Boots
(A) Senile Animal
The Bootlicker
The Crybaby
Chicken Switch
Millenium Monsterwork
Singles 1-12

As for all the dislike of the NWB cover that's probably my fav one!  8) :lol:
how could you list Crybaby and Bootlicker and yet leave out the Maggot? doesn't make sense to me.

Angus Khan

I dislike most album covers by most bands except for Converge, Baroness and Agorophobic Nosebleed.  I like the illustrative style more than photoshop images and text.
...and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

guesswhatilikethemelvins

I gotta say, I like both the title and artwork. It's like a cheesy, campy horror flick. Just what the doctor ordered.
"You guys don't fuck, do you?"
Kevin said that.

glen

Quote from: guesswhatilikethemelvins on March 10, 2010, 08:59:02 AM
  It's like a cheesy, campy horror flick.

exactly.  my guess is that was the idea.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

jonE5

Quote from: (((O))) on March 10, 2010, 07:12:47 AM
After looking back at all the past covers i've come to a startling conclusion. That is, that virtually ALL Melvins cover art sucks!!! Sorry folks but thats how i see it. I have an MA in fine art so hopefully i know a little about what im talking about here (just a little mind!). Then again perhaps not!  :? Anyway the only Melv related covers that i think don't suck and are actually pretty darn fine are:

A Live History Of Gluttony And Lust
Nude With Boots
(A) Senile Animal
The Bootlicker
The Crybaby
Chicken Switch
Millenium Monsterwork
Singles 1-12

As for all the dislike of the NWB cover that's probably my fav one!  8) :lol:

I went to art school too. This is just proof that all taste in art is subjective. Because I've always loved Melvins cover art, and their whole visual concept. I've frequently used it as an example of their superiority over other bands. They do things differently, and in my humble opinion BETTER than other bands.

Dudbean

"Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

Over 30 years old.

danimal

I really love a lot of Melvins covers, especially the newer ones.  Some of my favorites:
(a) senile animal
both jelvins
mangled demos
bigband

JJ

[/quote]

Yup. You know how many good albums I have with shitty album covers?
[/quote]

Probably nowhere near the number of shitty albums that I have with really awesome covers

buddy holiday

i like the cover art...
i think it's "melvins-like"... needless to say, i can't wait for june!

glen

so... what are we thinking here?   a standard 8 to 12 track album (roughly 5 minute songs)?   or one of those fancy 3 or 4 track albums with 12 to 14 minute songs?  or.. OR!
how about something in the vein of lysol?   ONE.... BIG....  PUNISHING...  TRACK.

hey.. I'm bored.  I have nothing to do other than speculate.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

rictus

It will have 30-40 tracks, each roughly 1 minute long.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

anaconda

Start a checklist:

Let Me Roll It is on there - 3 min. pop song? Check!
Dale will do something like Flush again - Ambient? Check!

:o