GAMH SF May 2011

Started by gesundheit, May 12, 2011, 06:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dead Bob

I was pretty much standing by the door in the back of the place all I saw was a head of blonde hair pounding on the drums.

FantomasSF

I got some great photos of the boys and the new drum sets from the 1st night, but I dont know how to post them bootches...help!
"He had to switch to gin cuz Jagermeister gave him the shakes"

gesundheit

Quote from: Dead Bob on May 18, 2011, 02:18:23 PM
I was pretty much standing by the door in the back of the place all I saw was a head of blonde hair pounding on the drums.

Ah ok..understandable. She was fucking wailing too! She sat at Dale's kit while Dale got up and ran around hitting various cymbals and Coady's hats...

jules

Quote from: FantomasSF on May 18, 2011, 02:51:24 PM
I got some great photos of the boys and the new drum sets from the 1st night, but I dont know how to post them bootches...help!
Open a Photobucket account, upload your photos to it, copy and paste the IMG code here.

This gets asked alot (I asked too); I wonder if instructions could be stickied somewhere so newcomers have easy access to them....

FantomasSF

Quote from: jules on May 18, 2011, 03:25:32 PM
Quote from: FantomasSF on May 18, 2011, 02:51:24 PM
Open a Photobucket account, upload your photos to it, copy and paste the IMG code here.

This gets asked alot (I asked too); I wonder if instructions could be stickied somewhere so newcomers have easy access to them....

Shaweet! Thx I'll get those pups up here lickity split!
"He had to switch to gin cuz Jagermeister gave him the shakes"

Peebot

Quote from: gesundheit on May 18, 2011, 02:09:59 PM
Who's a beautiful, blonde drummer girl that might have played with the Melvins??? Somebody here has to have an idea 'cause I sure don't...

That was Clementine from Bottom, Zepparella and AC/DShe.  She's a beast behind a kit (and a very nice person). 
http://www.clemthegreat.com/

slappy

Man, she was nuts. I had no idea who she was but she went OFF.

Prior to that, I really enjoyed At The Stake.

Plus the show seemed much, much louder than the Slims shows. I dunno if they can crank it up louder there, or it's the sound system or what. Is it just me.

Peebot

At the Stake fucking KILLED.  Highlight of that set for me.  And yes, that's the loudest I've ever heard it at GAMH, and I've seen those guys there like 12 times.  Deafening. 

slappy

Quote from: Peebot on May 20, 2011, 11:28:26 AM
At the Stake fucking KILLED.  Highlight of that set for me.  And yes, that's the loudest I've ever heard it at GAMH, and I've seen those guys there like 12 times.  Deafening.  

So it wasn't just me!  It was indeed thunderous. And man, as much as I was looking forward to seeing just about all of the Bullhead songs, I was really surprised and blown away by At The Stake. Absolutely the high point.

Was bummed I had to miss Monday due to family conflicts. Saw them do Lysol at Slims as a 3 piece with Trevor Dunn a few years ago. But this time was not to be. I heard the show was nutso good. Dang.  Gave my ticket to a co-worker who had no idea what he was getting into!  HA! His first Melvins show. Talk about a trial by fire. He really enjoyed it!