Pinkus Abortion Technician

Started by ))))((((, February 12, 2018, 11:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen

Quote from: Dumpster D on September 10, 2018, 01:46:43 PM
Quote from: Justafilthylurker on September 10, 2018, 08:40:40 AM
so haze has got a whole thing about clowns, right?

The Locust abortion Technician Album cover has clowns on it no?

I think he's referring to between this and the clown series singles. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Bigval

I've gotta man up and admit I was wrong about PAT. I was on the train yesterday scratching around for something to listen to and thought I would give PAT another go and BANG like being slapped with a fish it hit just hit me how good this album actually is. I couldn't believe it. Weird as fuck, trippy, catchy, a bit heavy I don't know how I didn't I understand all this the first couple of times I listened to it.

PAT is a top shelf Melvins album it really is.

GrimReaper

))))((((

Quote from: Bigval on October 23, 2018, 10:06:06 PM
PAT is a top shelf Melvins album it really is.
Perhaps for four songs (Don't Forget To Breathe, Flamboyant Duck, Prenup Butter, Graveyard) that would be right.

(the) Razor

It is good.

But listening to singles 1-12 today made me realise how much the Melvins changed from being drum centric to vocal harmony centric. It's like drums are toned down and take a back seat these days in place for the straight up rock. It's interesting and wonder whether Dale changed or Buzz's song writing changed.
Don't click this

Dumpster D

(the) Razor

Quote from: Dumpster D on October 29, 2018, 10:51:39 AM
Adapt or die.

Yes but seems a waste to have Dale's talents hidden taking a backseat.
Don't click this

black stallion

Quote from: (the) Razor on October 29, 2018, 12:51:42 AM
It is good.

But listening to singles 1-12 today made me realise how much the Melvins changed from being drum centric to vocal harmony centric. It's like drums are toned down and take a back seat these days in place for the straight up rock. It's interesting and wonder whether Dale changed or Buzz's song writing changed.

i think it has something to do with Toshi
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Bigval

Listening to PAT again another couple of times on the train today I just love this album even more now. I can totally understand long time Melvins fans not getting into this album, fully understand. I first got into them during the Stoner Witch era and they sound like a completely different band to that now. There's no getting away from it age/boredom/potentially more commercial success are likely all factors.

I know after the BB era ended I was a bit disappointed with the next few albums (the collaborative era?) Freak Puke, Tres Cabrones & Hold It In but since then I think they've put out some very good albums. Three Men & A Baby sounds cool for how not just how old school chunky it is but Kunka's vocals really lend themselves to the music. Basses Loaded is awesome for it's 'bag of mixed lollies' feel to it with all the different bass players and some real cracking songs. A Walk with Love & Death is probably the weakest of the last four IMO but I rated that album strongly until I fell into PAT's honey pot of which I'm still yet to emerge from.

The first couple of times I listened to PAT I thought ho hum even though I always loved Don't Forget To Breathe from the moment I first heard it but then the rest of it fell into place and comes across to me as the Melvins attempt at a weird as fuck yet catchy as hell pop rock album. I know Crover recently said in an interview they want to do another album with this lineup and I really hope they do they've really hit on something with this album.

jonE5

Quote from: Bigval on November 20, 2018, 06:38:53 AM

I know after the BB era ended I was a bit disappointed with the next few albums (the collaborative era?) Freak Puke, Tres Cabrones & Hold It In

Freak Puke is genius. and that tour was amazing. Different yes.. but so dam good. I'm hoping that more of those recordings surface eventually. Trevor is incredibly talented.

A big part of the appeal of Melvins (to me) is their refusal to sit still and just constantly taking chances, trying new things and experimenting.

- I think they have for a while now been trying to remove themselves from the "Stoner Rock" and "Sludge" labels that they always get stamped with.

))))((((

A Walk with Love & Death is probably the weakest of the last four IMO
That record should have been two separate releases. I think that would have made more sense and allowed each side to work better in isolation. As they are together it's, like you say, not so great overall.

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on November 21, 2018, 12:51:13 PM
A Walk with Love & Death is probably the weakest of the last four IMO
That record should have been two separate releases. I think that would have made more sense and allowed each side to work better in isolation. As they are together it's, like you say, not so great overall.

Probably smart to include them together though as the soundtrack album would disappear on it's own.

Bigval

When I put this album on I listen to it 2-3 times in a row and only stop for say dinner or something which then breaks the spell. It's too good it's almost unfair I've got a hard drive choc full of music I can't listen to because of this album, bastards.

I know there's still more than 12 months to go but I'm officially nominating PAT for album of the decade.

GrimReaper

I hope you said grace before your dinner Bigval.

(PAUL)

Quote from: GrimReaper on December 02, 2018, 06:07:09 AM
I hope you said grace before your dinner Bigval.

I'd imagine it would be like that scene in Hook.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.