Fireside Chat with the Melvins

Started by brian, May 21, 2015, 08:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

Apparently this is blocked in the U.S. but for you outlanders, have a listen

http://www.rbmaradio.com/shows/melvins-fireside-chat

Dumpster D

Thank you sir!

Buzzos Academy Radio Plug is fucking Hilarious!!!  :facepalm: :buzz: I could already tell how this interview was going Just by the tone in His Plug!  :lol:

Ah god, Kurtdttdud Nirvana Nirvana!!! and more Nirvana oriented inquiries.  ](*,) :cobain:

Even *IM* sick of people asking this band about the Nirvana connection. Poor Melvins.  :o :(

not much of a fireside chat, Just the same old boring questions so far.

I want to get into the Little details, never get anywhere asking about Nirvana.

meezer

Aw, come on! How could this be blocked in the States? Hey, any uh, non-dimers out there?   [-o<
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Dumpster D

Quote from: meezer on May 21, 2015, 10:37:29 PM
Aw, come on! How could this be blocked in the States? Hey, any uh, non-dimers out there?   [-o<

I could tape it for you if you ask me real nice.  :lol:

Dumpster D

Hah, talking about Bar-X the Rocking M a little. I remember Tool Kept plugging that tune over and over during the *waiting* period-Setup period before the show started and I was the only guy out of like 10,000 people going mental!!!  :lol:

Dale talking about Laughing with Lucifer at Satans sideshow, nuff said, we all *get it*

Paraphrasing Dale: we did three records with Atlantic and outlasted pretty much everyone else that had signed us in the first place, and the label never had any idea what to do with the band!

Paraphrasing Buzz:

- the thing about all this is we never had faith that we would sell millions of records.

-No one realized The band covering teen spirit was a Joke including the bassist of Nirvana in a recent convo with Buzz, No one Except Kurt would have *got* the Joke (and Im sure they are talking about having Lief Garret sing)

Buzz talking about the Wipers.

could never understand why bands like Husker Du being signed to a major when the wipers were not.

Dale talking about Fantomas, and Patton starting up Ipecac with the band.

(Buzzo Reminds us about their Albums making people want to Vomit, hence Freak puke)

Buzzo Talking about meeting Lustmord through the *tool* people, though it would be a good addition to do an album with.

Buzzo thinking of doing some live shows with Lustmord.

Dale talking about Getting Big Business in the group and the Dual Drummers, Cody being a south paw would look cool on stage together and how they called Jared to come play and the same sort of thing from the KARP documentary etc.

Buzzo Talking about bands who get so far and then quit, like building a house and not adding the roof or something.

Buzz Talking about Senile Animal and how it came out great and Buzz was real into letting The Biz Boys do their thing on that Album etc.

Dale talking about playing with Trevor, and prettymuch not being limited, LOL, they did a short tour and realized they should do a BIG tour and talk about the 5151 tour.

Really like playing with him, something different to do.

Ahh, the mystery to *Mr. Rip off* comes to light, Dale mentions there was this band playing down the hall from them and Buzz and dale thought they had a good Vibe, and they liked what they were playing and started to make up something that sounded like it and then called it Mr. Rip off!  :lol: wrote it in like 5 minutes that way!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buzz talking about Loosely basing his playing and writing with other people on Never keeping it how it *should go* if not it should be played better.

Talking about *sausages* as their First all-cover record, not a big stretch because they basically do covers on almost all their albums.

Dales favourite memory, playing with Yoko ono, and not having to flip burgers at some horrible Job as long as they make their own Records.

Buzzos outro was the best thing on it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

the deliberate and forced insincerity of it was absolutely too much!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

brian

camaroballa22

Thank you!

Loved the Wipers nod. Greg Sage is Jimi Hendrix!
"Sweet Melinda, the peasants call her the goddess of gloom.
She speaks good English and she invites you up into her room."

fortysixand2

Someone should ask him about his project with Adam Jones.

Dumpster D

Whats up with your Project with Adam Jones.  :?:

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix