Post your Melvins collection

Started by Chuck Hartford, June 05, 2006, 01:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bUTTHOLEmAN

Does anyone know how many colors were originally produced for the nirvana/melvins single? 
http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Here_She_Comes_Now/Venus_in_Furs

I imagine that there's tons of bootlegs out there.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

ZILLA

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 05, 2015, 12:51:01 PM
Does anyone know how many colors were originally produced for the nirvana/melvins single? 
http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Here_She_Comes_Now/Venus_in_Furs

I imagine that there's tons of bootlegs out there.

I been looking at some on ebay too... How to tell if they are legit???
########################################################################################################

deatheats

Quote from: ZILLA on February 05, 2015, 06:33:38 PM

According to Discogs the unofficial releases only came out in black, red and purple.
Theoretically all of the other colors would have to be the original release (Blue, Grey, Green, Pale Blue, Pink & Yellow) assuming Discogs is correct.

camaroballa22

Sliver.it is gone?!?
I loved that site.
Especially the stories behind the people and their copies of the Love Buzz 7".

They had ALL the info on this release.
Im pretty sure black was an official release and a bootlegged color as well.

The only tell tale difference between real and fake besides the color was the size of the labels on the 7". They were about 5-10mm shorter.
And something with the "special low price" font on the cover.

The communion logo was shorter and fatter. The communion cross on the official is bigger and skinnier.
"Sweet Melinda, the peasants call her the goddess of gloom.
She speaks good English and she invites you up into her room."

buddy holiday

Quote from: camaroballa22 on February 05, 2015, 07:35:15 PM
"special low price" is printed in smaller font on the original than on the counterfeits.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: buddy holiday on February 06, 2015, 01:58:57 AM
"special low price" is printed in smaller font on the original than on the counterfeits.
Thanks.  Do you know where to find pictures of both versions?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

buddy holiday

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 06, 2015, 02:15:47 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on February 06, 2015, 01:58:57 AM
Thanks.  Do you know where to find pictures of both versions?
no unfortunately not.
i got the info also from sliver.it (which is no longer active)

jules

Quote from: deatheats on February 05, 2015, 06:52:57 PM
Quote from: ZILLA on February 05, 2015, 06:33:38 PM

According to Discogs the unofficial releases only came out in black, red and purple.
Theoretically all of the other colors would have to be the original release (Blue, Grey, Green, Pale Blue, Pink & Yellow) assuming Discogs is correct.
Most of the unofficial ones seem to be blue, purple and black. I have bootlegs in blue and purple. A real one in yellow. There are ways to tell if yours is legit - matrix, width of run-out groove and diameter of centre label included. I've seen some amazing collections of these, going through the reds, pinks, blues, greens and greys.

Somebody's collection, yesterday

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Idlehanz

Quote from: jules on February 06, 2015, 04:24:00 AM

Most of the unofficial ones seem to be blue, purple and black. I have bootlegs in blue and purple. A real one in yellow. There are ways to tell if yours is legit - matrix, width of run-out groove and diameter of centre label included. I've seen some amazing collections of these, going through the reds, pinks, blues, greens and greys.

Somebody's collection, yesterday

Post a pic of your real one next to the fake.  I have two of these and I've no idea if their real or not.

Dan_Halen

My 12" and 10" collection. I took these a little while ago but was too lazy to upload them. I have more now but that's the ongoing problem. The day you take a pic of your Melvins collection the next day it is already outdated. lol

and the exploded view  :lol:
Los ticka toe rest

jules

Quote from: Idlehanz on February 06, 2015, 08:11:30 AM
I have two of these and I've no idea if their real or not.

Measure the diameter of the centre label. Should be 91mm. That's a good place to start.

The Nirvana side of the sleeve should be jet black (compared to a very dark grey on some of the bootlegs).

Dan_Halen

My Melvins 45 box and it's contents...

Los ticka toe rest

Stonergrunge

Dan, hey that was fast you already have the last two clowns. A couple of questions:

- Could you listen to the "Hamburger Lady" flexi disc properly? I'm a little concern about that since I only have one flexi disc at home and the tonearm starts to jump every time I try to play it.

- How similar is "Subhuman" to the original version?
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

homeless_dad

Dan, where do you live and do you have a working house alarm?
Is Ian back yet??