Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

deatheats

Just because I found it on Bitchfork...

meezer

Quote from: deatheats on June 21, 2016, 04:16:48 PM
Just because I found it on Bitchfork...

I'd give that pic a 6.1
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

Every time i see photos or videos of that era of the band i cringe! It just looks so wrong to see Mark and Buzz in those bright, horrible patterned shirts (and in Buzz' case, trousers too). Never been a fan of Dale's blue drum kit either.

BERZERKER

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 22, 2016, 02:42:12 AM
Every time i see photos or videos of that era of the band i cringe! It just looks so wrong to see Mark and Buzz in those bright, horrible patterned shirts (and in Buzz' case, trousers too). Never been a fan of Dale's blue drum kit either.

Nah, it`s more pathetic with the always dark dressed, uniform like type of bands. It`s the contrast that makes it interesting, no band plays as ferocious and heavy like Melvins and they can even play in Hawaii clothing and still be hard.

mariexxme

Hi
Thanks for sharing My Melvins Backstage Pictures from The Troubadour in L.A and De Kreun in Belgium. Could you help me to find the guys who took them on my FlicR account (I just deleted it after seeing this) and cropped my logo from the pictures, which is not cool at all. I know it's not you. Thanks for your comprehension.

anaconda

someone named Arianna has been emailing them around to a bunch of different people and sites that are melvins related

deatheats

JUDY

Quote from: mariexxme on June 22, 2016, 08:48:38 AM
Hi
Thanks for sharing My Melvins Backstage Pictures from The Troubadour in L.A and De Kreun in Belgium. Could you help me to find the guys who took them on my FlicR account (I just deleted it after seeing this) and cropped my logo from the pictures, which is not cool at all. I know it's not you. Thanks for your comprehension.

Stealing photos and cropping logos out - terrible thing to do. Total dick move. Sorry that happened. This is why I stopped using sites like Flikr - people can download hi-rez and steal shit easy. Lately I've been hearing of friends who do comic art who have had their art ripped off and resold from Deviant Art (did I spell that right?) and other sites. If you do post on public sites, watermark that shit. Right over the image.

))))((((

Quote from: JUDY on June 22, 2016, 03:34:52 PM
watermark that shit. Right over the image.
Very true. On Flickr you can set it up so your images cannot be downloaded. But of course people could still work around that with a screen grab. Basically ANY image can be stolen and i guess that kinda goes with the territory. BUT... as much as i agree with the watermark across an image in terms of effectiveness, i then wonder why a person would choose to upload it at all if it has to be disrupted or safeguarded to that extent.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: mariexxme on June 22, 2016, 08:48:38 AM
Hi

Sorry, I didn't know those photos had copyright. All those pictures were posted on the Melvins chilean community page on Facebook. You should get in contact with them... OK, and I see that you already sent them a message.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

JUDY

Can't speak for the photographer in distraught but in my book, sharing is OK. It is good etiquette to cite the artist, if you can. Cropping out signatures/logos/etc...not cool

BERZERKER

Quote from: anaconda on June 22, 2016, 09:25:47 AM
someone named Arianna has been emailing them around to a bunch of different people and sites that are melvins related

My mother in law is named Ariane, so I shall check if she`s sailing under another flag on the net, where Ariane has become Arianna. That 74 year old witch!  :lol:

Dumpster D

What is that in the pic?  Looks like a barracuda Ready-made Piece of Junk art.  :)