Melvins Shirts...

Started by grays harbor mafia, September 08, 2008, 07:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grays harbor mafia

So  these items are on ebay, don't know how legit they are i have attached a detaeld descript[tion from the seller...From the treasure chest comes yet another rare and unique item you will look otherwise high and lo to find... This item is a screen print of a classic design borrowed from some Jersey spook that was used as a t-shirt design and sold through Boner Records and the Melvins in the '90's. This 14"x16" black print is on white artist print material and was acquired from the artist for Boner's print portfoglio. The print is in Very Good conditon, there is a bit of a wave to the fabric, yet it is still quite suitable for framing or other multimedia applications. Quite a unique collectors item as this design has been out of print for many years. Ships Insured in a poster tube. Thanks for looking good and bidding!

Anybody Think they are legit?? 

[attachment deleted by admin]
"the ass is last"      oldfartlips
"im just here for the sex" DC

grays harbor mafia

Here is the other one................

[attachment deleted by admin]

Idlehanz

Nothing legit about it.  Those aren't shirts, they're just reproduced designs of old Melvins shirts on 14 x 16 cloth. 

grays harbor mafia

i know they arent shirts.... they are the print used to make the screenprint shirts right?

Idlehanz

Quote from: grays harbor mafia on September 08, 2008, 07:56:30 PM
i know they arent shirts.... they are the print used to make the screenprint shirts right?
I could give you better info if I was home and could compare them to the real shirts, but they look similar.  On the other hand, they aren't difficult designs, so they'd be really easy to copy.  I'd send the seller a message and just ask.  From looking at the description, I'd say your getting a good reproduction of a print that was used long ago.  In other words, they are not taken from the original design.  IMO.

anaconda

i agree, they look rough around the edges like maybe
a negative was made by scanning in the shirts and
reversing it to screen print on the material shown.

bUTTHOLEmAN

I honestly wouldn't pay too much for them..unless you just really want them.  I've gotten similar things (on a thin board stock) before as record fillers/padding.  Maybe ask Tom Flynn about it?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

cara

prints of those shirts (or at least the second) been sold on ebay before for cheaap. why not just buy a shirt in your desired color/size? it won't be legit but it seems a lot easier.

Chris P. Bacon

I thought we had a thread for this type of stuff?
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents-BOB ROSS

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

(PAUL)

The original Fiend club had this on the back:
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

grays harbor mafia

he has alot more of these, from various different melvins shirts, and the fiend clube one come with the screenprint for the back as well.  The guy has a BUNCH of  melvins stuff.    Im prying him as we speak to see what he has.  What other shirts did the melvins print during the boner records era?  anybody know? 

anaconda

they had the eggnog bunnys, the bullhead fruit basket, ozma lady's head,
and the shirt with the KISS typeface that was on the solo records.

bUTTHOLEmAN

I've never seen an Ozma lady shirt, and isn't the kiss letter shirts just a bootleg?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

norecess

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 11, 2008, 01:27:38 AM
I've never seen an Ozma lady shirt, and isn't the kiss letter shirts just a bootleg?

Don't ask about what you already know!

anaconda

the KISS lettering one could have been a bootleg;
http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/images/1/12/Kisslogo-shirt.jpg

but now that I think of it, wasn't the Melvins Army one with KISS lettering official???
http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/images/f/fe/Melvinsarmy-shirt.jpg

Maybe I'm just dreaming that I've seen an Ozma shirt, since there isn't
one in the official t-shirt gallery. But, was this one an official Boner shirt?
http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/images/c/cf/Wizardofoz-shirt.jpg

Also, was the GPT shirt official Boner merchandise??
http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/images/6/65/Gpt-shirt.jpg