Atlantic years are getting reissued on vinyl on Third Man Records.

Started by (the) flutter nuts, November 18, 2014, 01:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(PAUL)

*Plans for the release of the limited edition color vinyl versions will be announced at a later date.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Der L

Quote from: (PAUL) on June 14, 2016, 04:59:25 PM
*Plans for the release of the limited edition color vinyl versions will be announced at a later date.

I saw that I just think they should stop teasing and give up the details now. 

spoiltchild.jpg

(PAUL)

Understood. Sounds like AmRep might be doing something? I know they did the vinyl of Houdini, did Atlantic and Atlantic/Mammoth do the other two? Is Honky being reissued on vinyl at some point in the near future?
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Chief Ten Beers

Are the standard versions going to be available elsewhere like Amazon or @ indie stores also? Not sure whether to jump on the bundle now, wait for color versions, or get them in a month or so somewhere other than Third Man direct.

For instance, right now, the Live @ Third Man LP is sold out @ their site, but there are new sealed ones still @ Amazon. Does Third Man repress stuff regularly, or does everything eventually go OOP?

von grip

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on June 14, 2016, 07:09:59 PM

Are the standard versions going to be available elsewhere like Amazon or @ indie stores also? Not sure whether to jump on the bundle now, wait for color versions, or get them in a month or so somewhere other than Third Man direct.

someone clear the air here, ARE the pre-orders- either the individual LPs OR the bundle- just for standard black vinyl??
"im ol' south!"

von grip

"im ol' south!"

von grip

For instance, right now, the Live @ Third Man LP is sold out @ their site, but there are new sealed ones still @ Amazon. Does Third Man repress stuff regularly, or does everything eventually go OOP?
im in the same dilemma, i feel like tmr is gonna release the colored versions exclusively at their shops in detroit and nashville, but who knows; i sure hope its online.
i know they repress certain reissues/series, but dont think they repress the live series ie melvins live at third man
"im ol' south!"

homeless_dad

Quote from: laptop sorcery on June 14, 2016, 09:29:21 PM

i feel like tmr is gonna release the colored versions exclusively at their shops in detroit and nashville
:disagree:
Is Ian back yet??

GiveMe45

I'm not a huge vinyl collector in the first place and don't care too much about colored vinyl (heard many times that sound quality of colored vinyl isn't as good as regular black but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to tell).  If I end up with it then great but I'm not searching it out.  With this one though I'll admit the colored versions look awesome.  I'll get these no matter what but I'll be happy with what I get.

buddy holiday

Quote from: (PAUL) on June 14, 2016, 05:58:53 PM
Understood. Sounds like AmRep might be doing something? I know they did the vinyl of Houdini, did Atlantic and Atlantic/Mammoth do the other two? Is Honky being reissued on vinyl at some point in the near future?
it seems houdini will get an Amrep art-version. Stoner Witch and Stag originally were never liscenced to Amrep, so it will be interesting to see if there is an Amrep art-version coming for those two.
I am certainly expecting Honky to get reissued by Amrep, i.e. like Prick and Houdini.
the art-version for Honky will be a burner!  [-o<

buddy holiday

back when Live @ Third Man was originally released the label stated that the regular version shall be available (and be repressed). however it might be that they changed their mind...

FartLips

Quote from: homeless_dad on June 14, 2016, 10:15:58 PM
Quote from: laptop sorcery on June 14, 2016, 09:29:21 PM

i feel like tmr is gonna release the colored versions exclusively at their shops in detroit and nashville
:disagree:
:P
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

jules

$58 for the Bundle from Third Man plus $49.50 postage to UK. Or $61.25 Priority.  :?

meezer

Finally watched it.

Love the flannel shirt as a grunge prop!  :lol: #-o

Will Stag on black vinyl be 2 discs?
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix