Dale Crover Solo Album on Joyful Noise

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, May 30, 2017, 07:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deatheats

Spun it for the first time this weekend....great stuff!!!

(the) Razor

Don't click this

Topaz

Only 7 of the 20 tracks are "proper" songs, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Great job, Dale!

Chief Ten Beers

Really digging this album. It's best to hear as an album is supposed to be played, from start to finish, no picking around songs. The short interlude pieces mix well with the full songs, a nice flow to it. Would be beyond awesome if Dale toured this album with an "all-star" band in between this and next year's Melvins tour. He's got enough material between this new one and the Altamont albums to do it.

That said, I'm a little disappointed in Joyful Noise, or at least their employees who ship stuff. First bad experience with them. My white LP had a slight bend from shipping, no "fragile" stamp anywhere on the shipping box. The record plays fine, not perfectly flat, but not bad enough to warrant a return.
Then there's the CD. :facepalm: Stupid eco-friendly all cardboard digipak, no sleeve for the CD, and the CD was stuck to the glue on the inside of the pocket. I had to apply some Goo-Gone to the edge of the CD before I played it. You try to support small labels, and then you deal with shit like that. No wonder most people just go to downloads these days.
I did not get a magnet. Either they're out of them, or only pre-orders/members got them. I am not logged in with JN. I always go straight to the paypal link without logging in there.

John Schuller

Love this album. Picked it up on vinyl yesterday and it does me right.

black stallion

as you can see i got it in my hand eheh
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

black stallion

deatheats

Quote from: black stallion on August 11, 2017, 02:50:03 PM
I recommend to check this interview

http://www.cooldadmusic.com/2017/08/review-interview-dale-crover-fickle.html?m=1#.WY3K63gpCaM

Thanks!  Good one...sad to hear Broken Bat won't be happening (but I kind of figured that was the case, considering how little we've heard about it).

Mints

Good interview. Can't wait for this album to finally get here in the mail.

Dumpster D

I forget...who was supposed to be doing Broken Bat with Dale again?

Bigval

Two options to download the album on Bandcamp:

https://dalecrover.bandcamp.com/album/the-fickle-finger-of-fate

https://melvinsofficial.bandcamp.com/album/the-fickle-finger-of-fate-2

I just wish Joyful Noise would put up that Hew Time album to download I remember listening to a stream of that and liking it.

black stallion

Quote from: Dumpster D on August 11, 2017, 10:52:09 PM
I forget...who was supposed to be doing Broken Bat with Dale again?

Ty Segall and Steve McDonald

deatheats

At least we got Steven out of the deal and Dale played on one Ty Segall song. They all live in LA, they'll get bored eventually...