The Crybaby

Started by Vcavallo, December 03, 2003, 12:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homeless_dad

Great review,  Amazon. I've never been much of a fan of the album save the Hank III songs. I haven't listened to it in years. Reading your review rekindled my interest. I'm going to Amoeba Hollywood today and I know what I'll be listening to on the way down.

:cheers:
Is Ian back yet??

meezer

Okie From Muskogee - Merle Haggard. That is all.

And G.I. Joe rules. Now that is all.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

some guy

YEAH BUT SOBRIETY'Ssssss BORING AS FUCK
That's neither here Nora there

coodies

Maynard doesn't sound like himself when singing divorced.

amazonAMAZON

I thought Maynard is only in the phone call at the end... I that whisper+distortion could be Buzz.

))))((((

Listening to this one for the first time in quite a while i have to say i have been way too harsh on this in the past. It's actually a really fantastic Melvins record even if it doesn't always feel like a Melvins record in parts. But that is something that i find so great about this too - it's depth and widening out into these different acts. Same goes for 'Everybody Loves Sausages' to me also. Both these albums i mostly disliked initially and now enjoy a great deal.

Looking back at my old rating, i'd be tempted to give this one a 9 now too! Certainly a 8.5 at least!

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 22, 2017, 08:17:43 AM
The Maggot - 9
The Bootlicker - 9
The Crybaby - 7