Buzz talks about Tool in Revolver

Started by seas of luck, May 13, 2008, 01:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greasy Statement

it's not unlike rush fans, really. when i saw BB open for tool last year, i thought i was at a giant kegger or in the middle of some toxic waste dump in cottage country...

dead mike

Quote from: seas of luck on May 13, 2008, 01:01:33 AM
Revolver: How have Tool's fans responded to your bands?

Buzz: It varies from bad to worse.  Some of it was OK, but by and large arena-level audiences are total idiots and Tool's crowd is no different.  I remember once a Tool fan insisted on stopping me in the hallway after our set to explain in detail why we sucked.  I listened for about 30 seconds and then I showed a security guard my all-access pass and told him I saw the guy pull his pants down in front of a chick coming out of the girls' can and the kid got tossed out on his ass before Tool even played! Ha!

this is in the top five things buzz has ever said (competition is, of course, fierce). if it's actually true, it's surely one of the greatest non-musical things he's ever done.

behind giving kurt cobain a "hot shot," i mean. i'm just going to keep repeating that until it becomes part of the generally accepted rock mythology, along with ler does coke.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

FartLips

Quote from: Schnabster on May 13, 2008, 07:42:14 AM
perhaps Farty now decides to begin fancying
Tool after this? 
me loves tool, hates slayer!!!!!

i like everything up to aenima, after that its just really heavy jam band music. i'm a so-so fan right now, but i think maynard's pretentiousness has rubbed off on the majority of their fans.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Salty Green

Quote from: YearZero on May 13, 2008, 05:34:37 AM
Some people are just too stupid to understand Tool's music. That's what happens when you listen too much for The Beatles. 

you are going to miss out on everything cool in life.

JJ

Quote from: seas of luck on May 13, 2008, 01:01:33 AM
The latest issue of Revolver is all about Tool .....

Thanks for starting this thread - I just got the last copy @ the newsstand - Karma for you!!

Leroy

I liked Aenema, but yes, after that the stuff was too boring and jammy

I am the Sun

I used to like Tool a lot but at this point I've pretty much come to the conclusion that there's nothing too special about them and they're way too far up their own asses, along with all their pretentious, stoned "hipper than thou" fans. My buddy met Maynard and Adam at a guitar clinic that was meant to teach kids to play guitar and said that Maynard wouldn't even acknowledge anybody in the room.

FartLips

i had a friend relate to me a story from adam about how he met maynard and you'll understand the dude is firmly stuck up his own wierd ass. the friend was a labelmate so there is some validity.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Idlehanz

I met Adam outside a Melvins show in Oly many years ago.  He was cool.  I only spent 30 seconds talking to him, but he was pleasant.  As for Maynard, no idea.

5w33t 1ntu1t10n

Maynard is very friendly with the ladies. 
*Grow Thy Beard )))((( it shall be the wild forrests of thine Kingdom and unto all shall bring great peace and prosperity throughout the land as was told the prophecy*

perusha

All of these posts remindes me of a really hilarious joke that I heard...

Puscifer 

#-o

molotov

Quote from: PAUL on May 13, 2008, 05:15:37 PM
There seems to be two types of Tool fans; the asformentioned pretentious twats, and the idiotic cavemen who hate everything else. For a band who seems intelligent their fans sure are stupid.
Each group have "the idiotic caveman who hate everything else" amongst the fans.

I am the Sun

I think the pretentious twats take the cake for the most annoying people you could ever meet. I know all these guys that sit around in a garage and trip balls on whatever hallucinogen they can find and try to find the "meaning" of the latest Tool offering. Then you try to introduce them to music that's not tool and it's "irrelevant" and "meaningless" compared to Maynard's "lyrical genius" or whatever other crap they have to say.

seas of luck

Ugh, I hate how every time Tool gets mentioned it turns in to a huge debate about if the band sucks and if their fans suck.  I still like them a lot and wouldn't consider myself a pretentious twat or a caveman.  I could honestly care less how they act in person.  I've heard worse stories about David Sims and Steve Albini.

Anyway... I think it's hilarious that a dumbass Tool fan got kicked out for telling Buzz he sucked!

jaymz

Id say there is a 3rd group of tool fans.
Ones who realise that their music is good but they also like the Melvin's so cant be arsed with all tools twatery.