Melvins halftime Superbowl performance

Started by ))))((((, February 16, 2023, 04:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

I watched some of the Rhianna Superbowl show and it made me wonder what a Melvins one would be like. Obviously the chances of that EVER happening are like miniscule. BUT! What songs do you think they would perform if they did? What would the show be like. Just taking a casual glance at past years it seems they tend to run to 12-14 minutes. Personally i think i'd like just 'The Anti-Vermin Seed' played whilst fireworks and colourful lazers go off big time - a complete high end, all out, expensive, auditory/visual blockbuster event! What says you?

Chief Ten Beers

With guest singers. 2 covers, one original:

...Teen Spirit w/ Justin Bieber
My War w/ Miley Cyrus
Night Goat w/ Andrew W.K.

Colonel Cheese

I think they would be out to offend on a mass scale so something fairly harsh to the ears would be my guess.

amazonAMAZON

One thing I've noticed about the Melvins is they do rehearse a lot and they have a knack for condensing older staples into a tight medley. That's what super bowl performances are all about.

My guess would be something like

In the Army Now/Water Glass/Hooch/Honey Bucket/Suicide in Progress intro/Revolve/Onions Make the Milk Taste Bad/Anaconda/It's Shoved

Then yes probably a big guest spot at the end. Dave Grohl and Jello Biafra. For Lexicon Devil/California Uber Alles

The whole thing would have a military theme. Army of Buzzos march around the field.

dead mike

The real question is, who would be dancing his ass off in the "left Snivlem" costume?

glen, obviously.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

John Schuller

Super Bowl requires pretending to play to pre-recorded band tracks. I don't Melvins have ever done that outside of some music videos.

Tobias

Hung Bunny/Roman Dog Bird or Colossus of Destiny or Charmicamicat just to piss everyone off
Have you ever only eaten what's alive?

CoryCory

Civilized Worm would have to be in that theoretical super bowl set, that last verse encapsulates the American spirit and sheer grit to survive.

So yeah my set would be as follows, within a 15-minute time limit

The Water Glass
Queen
Civilized Worm
The Star-Spangled Banner

herb wilkinson

it would be cool if, like, instead of some stupid music act they just did a staged recreation of the opening to The Last Boy Scout. ain't life a bitch???!

amazonAMAZON

Sacrifice would be great for this. Can imagine that in a stadium, bass resonating everywhere. Military would hate it ; 😜

Dumpster D

They could do 'the water glass' with all the marching drummers going.

glen

Quote from: dead mike on February 17, 2023, 10:33:43 AM
The real question is, who would be dancing his ass off in the "left Snivlem" costume?

glen, obviously.

it's about time I went viral.

PS:  in this figurative scenario the melvins are playing in super bowl 32.  Qualcomm Stadium San Diego.   the date is January 25, 1998.   a match up between the Broncos of Denver and the Packers of Green Bay.
Denver comes up victorious giving John Elway his first ever long saught super bowl trophy.    half time show is MELVINS playing selections off their latest release "Collosus of Destiny".     :shock:
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

johnnyg

In all seriousness, if we ignore the fact that the Melvins aren't nearly "famous" enough to play the superbowl, I think with their catalogue and Buzz's crazy ideas, they could make one of the neatest superbowl performances ever, especially with a budget to allow for big scale visuals.

Helen83

Who Dey MOFOS!

Melvins halftone show with Bootsy Collins