Melvins Live - 'Protect Live Music' festival 9 April and 10 April

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, April 08, 2021, 06:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bUTTHOLEmAN

Friday 9 April 2021 and Saturday 10 April 2021
Free, virtual concert series, get ticket here:
https://consequence.net/consequence-protect-live-music-opt-in/

Not sure yet when Melvins play.
*edit* Melvins play 10 April at 6pm Eastern Time, (5pm CT)

QuoteOn Friday, April 9th and Saturday, April 10th, Consequence presents "Protect Live Music", a benefit concert livestream featuring over 90 artists delivering exclusive performances and testimonials in celebration of independent music.

To attend this free event, please submit your email address using the form below. We'll email you a unique link where you can stream the concert throughout the weekend. Additionally, you'll be automatically entered for our hourly raffle where we'll be giving away merch and other prizes.

"Protect Live Music" benefits the National Independent Venue Association (NIVA) which assists independent venues across the US in their ongoing recovery efforts. Viewers will be encouraged to donate to NIVA during the event. Additionally,  all proceeds from sales of our Protect Live Music merch line during the event will go to support NIVA.

The event starts on Friday and Saturday at 5:00 p.m. ET and runs until 9:00 p.m. ET. A complete schedule will be announced shortly.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Chief Ten Beers

I will not support this in any way. You want to protect the future of live music? Vote the assholes out of office in blue states who continue to lock us down with ridiculous restrictions. It's that simple. Open everything up now. Enter any venue at your own risk like it always was.

))))((((

I find it mildly ironic that we are protecting live music by streaming it virtually. That is a bit weird to get my head around. But im still interested. I wish we didn't have to offer up an email address to do so though. I know i don't wish to wade through 90 acts to find the Melvins performance. That sounds like a type of hell right there.

vince furnier

Quote from: ))))(((( on April 08, 2021, 09:00:41 PM
I find it mildly ironic that we are protecting live music by streaming it virtually. That is a bit weird to get my head around. But im still interested. I wish we didn't have to offer up an email address to do so though. I know i don't wish to wade through 90 acts to find the Melvins performance. That sounds like a type of hell right there.
yeah, hopefully it's at least as easy to navigate as the old Scion music site, right. remember that one?  :lol: i'm old.  :facepalm: 8-[
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

madiiax

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on April 08, 2021, 06:57:59 PM
I will not support this in any way. You want to protect the future of live music? Vote the assholes out of office in blue states who continue to lock us down with ridiculous restrictions. It's that simple. Open everything up now. Enter any venue at your own risk like it always was.

I wish people with your perspective would understand what health care workers are going through! Have you ever required a hospital in your life? If so, I would recommend considering the healthcare workers in this situation. It's more important than our personal risk and personal health currently and we all need to check our selfishness. Props to the musicians rolling with the times! Looking forward to this!

Stonergrunge

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Bigval

It's sad what the leaders (mainly Trump) have done to the US letting Covid run rampant. Who knows when you guys will be able to get proper live gigs again could be years away.

Here in Australia bands and artists are touring again playing bars, theatres, arenas you name it King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard just hit my city a week or so ago with Tropical Fuck Storm as support.

el gep

Quote from: Bigval on April 09, 2021, 01:41:40 AM
It's sad what the leaders (mainly Trump) have done to the US letting Covid run rampant. Who knows when you guys will be able to get proper live gigs again could be years away.
Well, not only in the US... the new "shapes" (don't know how to say it, sorry) of that godamn virus can change everything anytime, even in Australia you're not sure it won't be lockdowns later... I hope not! But it can happen...
People who think we should just do nothing and let everyone live like before are nihilist, ahahah!
Let the hospitals be overwhelmed and let old, fat or simply fragile people die. Cool!

(I'm a big fan of Tropical Fuck Storm and The Drones by the way...)

Stonergrunge

Saturday, Melvins at 6:00... bummer, I wanted to see Reignwolf as well.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

PepsiMike

Quote from: Stonergrunge on April 09, 2021, 12:36:23 PM

Saturday, Melvins at 6:00... bummer, I wanted to see Reignwolf as well.
Melvins will most likely be recorded, so you're safe watching reign wolf live.

))))((((

I take it that means all those artists performing within those 30 minute slots? 7 acts over such a short duration suggests it's going to be rather short. A single song each.

black stallion

wow, i don't know any band on that bill, i feel so old  :lol:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on April 09, 2021, 12:59:58 PM
wow, i don't know any band on that bill, i feel so old
Not including Melvins, i've heard of 3 of them. Never listened though.

PepsiMike

wow, i don't know any band on that bill, i feel so old  :lol:
:lol:
It's like those fake fliers for festival concerts, where all the bands are make-believe.

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on April 09, 2021, 01:03:48 PM
wow, i don't know any band on that bill, i feel so old
Not including Melvins, i've heard of 3 of them. Never listened though.

i heard Fontaines DC only by name...
Charmicarmicat:Bastards