LYSOL

Started by Marilyn, October 24, 2003, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogLegged

Has anyone ever noticed, in the movie "A Clockwork Orange", when Alex is walking through the record store, he stops for a minute, and in the background, you can see a record with what looks to be the same Indian painting on it, with the white background?

liamlw

no, but tonight i'll watch it and find out.

Smoghler

Quote from: HogLegged on July 01, 2009, 01:36:10 AM
Has anyone ever noticed, in the movie "A Clockwork Orange", when Alex is walking through the record store, he stops for a minute, and in the background, you can see a record with what looks to be the same Indian painting on it, with the white background?

Have seen that movie a thousand times, but never noticed that. Will check it out next time I watch it.
"They were playing guitars and getting loud and they spilled beer on Jesus" (Daniel Johnston)

Rev. Mike

I've run across 2 other albums that have used this painting on the cover, and I meant to remember who the bands were both times and didn't.  The Beach Boys used it on a few things, along with the End Of The Trail painting.

(the) Razor

Don't click this

PrickHonky

listening to this album right now. One of my favorites and fun to blaze to. The Fantomas/Melvins Big Band version of Sacrifice on the dvd was great.
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

Buick GN

PrickHonky

just recently downloaded a live show at which they played all of Lysol and Eggnog with Trevor Dunn. Absolutely amazing show. Easily my favorite live recording.
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Smoghler

Goosebumps all over during the Cameron Jamie movie while they where playing Hung Bunny/Roman Bird Dog.
"They were playing guitars and getting loud and they spilled beer on Jesus" (Daniel Johnston)

PrickHonky

Quote from: Smoghler on September 02, 2009, 08:28:23 PM
Goosebumps all over during the Cameron Jamie movie while they where playing Hung Bunny/Roman Bird Dog.

I have the live recording of this, but have never see his movies. Would have been a great experience

Buick GN

Smoghler

Quote from: Smoghler on July 18, 2009, 04:18:31 AM
Quote from: HogLegged on July 01, 2009, 01:36:10 AM

Have seen that movie a thousand times, but never noticed that. Will check it out next time I watch it.

mhelmo

Just getting my two cents in here, because for me it was an awakening, of sorts.

I was in Myrtle Beach, SC, about 1994, and they had a pretty decent music shop, although I can't remember the name of it now. Anyway, when I went on vacations with my folks, I would always beg them to go to a good music store, since WV was/is not the mecca of great music on the east coast.

I go in and went straight to the "Alternative" section (does anyone even remember when music stores had such a thing??) under M to see what kind of stuff I could find. They had Lysol, although I didn't know it was called Lysol because this version had the censored cover. I just assumed it was called MELVINS. Anyway, I bought it, opened it up in the car, and couldn't find titles, tracklisting, nada. Just a bunch of roses, band members names, and the cassette was white with black roses all over it. I don't even think I could discern which side was A and which was B. I threw it in the walkman, and put on my 'awesome' headphones (hehe, what a joke), and away it went. About half way through the first side, I stopped it, opened up the tape well, and thought, wow, this is one hell of a long intro. So I kept listening. Got back to the KOA and walked out on the beach. A huge storm was rolling in and I sat down and just watched. About the time Buzz's vox kicked in, there is freakin lightning on the horizon. Swimmers get out of the water, people start heading back to their campers/tents/whatever. I stayed. It never rained, but the wind was relentless, and the lightning with Lysol in my headphones was fucking life changing. I was 16 years old. It truly made me see the power of music, and how it could really be made to set a dark, imposing atmosphere. It was like it was written for that electrical storm.

Anyway, hope someone enjoyed my trip back to the early 90s.
Pyrposely myspelling wyrds adds mystery and sofystikashun.

3d-alex

Quote from: mhelmo on March 19, 2011, 05:45:59 PM
Just getting my two cents in here, because for me it was an awakening, of sorts.

I was in Myrtle Beach, SC, about 1994, and they had a pretty decent music shop, although I can't remember the name of it now. Anyway, when I went on vacations with my folks, I would always beg them to go to a good music store, since WV was/is not the mecca of great music on the east coast.

I go in and went straight to the "Alternative" section (does anyone even remember when music stores had such a thing??) under M to see what kind of stuff I could find. They had Lysol, although I didn't know it was called Lysol because this version had the censored cover. I just assumed it was called MELVINS. Anyway, I bought it, opened it up in the car, and couldn't find titles, tracklisting, nada. Just a bunch of roses, band members names, and the cassette was white with black roses all over it. I don't even think I could discern which side was A and which was B. I threw it in the walkman, and put on my 'awesome' headphones (hehe, what a joke), and away it went. About half way through the first side, I stopped it, opened up the tape well, and thought, wow, this is one hell of a long intro. So I kept listening. Got back to the KOA and walked out on the beach. A huge storm was rolling in and I sat down and just watched. About the time Buzz's vox kicked in, there is freakin lightning on the horizon. Swimmers get out of the water, people start heading back to their campers/tents/whatever. I stayed. It never rained, but the wind was relentless, and the lightning with Lysol in my headphones was fucking life changing. I was 16 years old. It truly made me see the power of music, and how it could really be made to set a dark, imposing atmosphere. It was like it was written for that electrical storm.

Anyway, hope someone enjoyed my trip back to the early 90s.

Great story.... Something similar happened to me, but listening to a live recording of Tool, not as heavy as the Melvins....