The Bulls & The Bees

Started by MrLuck87, December 13, 2011, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(((O)))

Quote from: glen on April 25, 2012, 07:06:16 AM
ever notice how some MELVINS tracks wind down to something you could listen to coil around for about 2 1/2 hours?

IE: the end of FOAMING... HAG ME.....  MANKY....   add WE ARE DOOMED to that list.
Oh yes. I think all great bands have that magical quality to them at points.

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: glen on April 25, 2012, 07:06:16 AM
ever notice how some MELVINS tracks wind down to something you could listen to coil around for about 2 1/2 hours?

IE: the end of FOAMING... HAG ME.....  MANKY....   add WE ARE DOOMED to that list.

Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about and I agree

jules

Quote from: PriMarius on April 20, 2012, 02:14:16 PM
Just got the mail from Hunter as I checked if they still got the EP, but as I'm in Europe now I'd need someone from the US - anyone who could please hook me up with a copy of the EP? And as Faust posted a few pages back and I copied: Willing to Paypal beer money and postage to get it to... here :) (as I'm not in old Blighty)!
Your inbox is full.

Greasy Statement

so, a friend of mine went to the NYC show and they didn't have any copies there. i've asked before, but since i can't get a hold of a copy due to my non american-ness could somebody on here procure a copy for me, pretty please  [-o<. i'll pay for postage and any other expenses. PM me if so. thanks a million??

perzo)))

Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

(PAUL)

Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

perzo)))

Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

Idlehanz

I'm completely amazed by the vocals on this EP.  Vocals have always seemed like an instrument to me, and now they've gone from a 3 member band with 6 instruments, to a 4 member band with 8 instruments.  I know it's been six years, but it seems like they're really reigning in what they can do as far as a 4 piece now. 

jonE5

Quote from: Idlehanz on May 02, 2012, 11:51:08 PM
I'm completely amazed by the vocals on this EP.  Vocals have always seemed like an instrument to me, and now they've gone from a 3 member band with 6 instruments, to a 4 member band with 8 instruments.  I know it's been six years, but it seems like they're really reigning in what they can do as far as a 4 piece now.

I have been thinking that for a bit now.. Seeing them do this EP live last Sunday It was really evident. They have really expanded the pallet.. Every member is using their vocals in more creative ways than ever

Mount Ambulance

So does anyone elses' disc(s) look like as if they may have been handled by a drunk four year old? Or maybe a guy on the line at some Toyota plant somewhere? Scuffs, fingerprints, just an overall film or filth all over the playing surface? Easily the worst shape (including used) I've ever bought a cd in. Seems to play fine, but still ...

And what's with the messy tracking between Friends Before Larry/A Really Long Wait? Sure seems as though they're supposed to meld/flow out and into one another, right? But there's that big ol' messy gap breaking the mood! Surely this wasn't intended from the Melvins' end? Scion gotta learn how to track an album a little better ...

Really dig those tunes (FBL/ARLW) nice turns at the wheel for the Melvins ... interesting territory ... dig the stangled/buried sounding leady guitar parts in FBL and the grunting at the begining is a nice touch. ARLW reminds me alot of A Silver Mt. Zion/GSYBE! kinda thing. Pretty cool to here Melvins' take on that style. Be interesting to know how they did what? Pencils, violins, softeeware or is there an app for that?

National Hamster is also pretty boss. Definatly hear the Coop thing going on ... kinda School's Out era vibe ... Also for some reason reminds me alot of Melvins' cover of Arnie (White Punks On Dope). Cool tune.

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

danimal

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on May 03, 2012, 10:07:19 PM

And what's with the messy tracking between Friends Before Larry/A Really Long Wait? Sure seems as though they're supposed to meld/flow out and into one another, right? But there's that big ol' messy gap breaking the mood! Surely this wasn't intended from the Melvins' end? Scion gotta learn how to track an album a little better ...

I have some European Flo and Eddie reissues that have the space between songs. A friend told me that happens sometimes when a label just wants to put something out and doesn't really pay attention to those things. I've just been listening to the burn I made before my CD arrived.

Mount Ambulance

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

cleveland rewind

i just saw these letterpress copies (http://www.ebay.com/itm/170835055399) and i want one so bad. i hope they have something new and tasty for the santa ana show next week
i may never go down in history but i will go down on your sister

Chief Ten Beers

My Scion CD is mint and spotless. I did notice the strange gap between Larry/Really Long Wait. It doesn't seem right. Are the handmade CDs sold at the shows corrected, or are they just dupes of the Scion CD w/ different artwork?

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on May 04, 2012, 05:01:24 PM
My Scion CD is mint and spotless. I did notice the strange gap between Larry/Really Long Wait. It doesn't seem right. Are the handmade CDs sold at the shows corrected, or are they just dupes of the Scion CD w/ different artwork?

The cds are the exact same ones.  They are passed out with the empty sleeves.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus