Melvins album studio footage dream

Started by ))))((((, April 06, 2022, 10:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

I was thinking about the recent Beatles 'Get Back' TV series - multiple hours showing the band recording the 'Let It Be' album. Anyway it got me thinking which Melvins album would i most love to see something similar of? A total behind the scenes documentary of when the guys recorded it. I'm not sure which i would pick. Different records would be interesting for different reasons. Maybe because of the band dynamic or bassist fall out at the time or because i enjoy a particular album. Maybe even 'Working With God' to see how the band reacted to the pandemic in those initial days. But i do think 'Hostle Ambient Takeover' would have been a good one to see possibly. 'Five Legged Dog' would be fascinating too. What would you choose?

amazonAMAZON

I'd want to see Lysol and the saga of Joe joining and getting fired in the span of a year or so. I think it's funny because we know how it ends, and we kind of know the why. But the how it went down intrigues me.

"Hold It In" would be fascinating to watch being made.

Whichever was the last one Kevin got to play on... POTRE?

dead mike

The making of The Crybaby documentary, featuring:

- Hank III snorting salt water.
- Leif Garrett not being in on the joke.
- Audio of Buzz trying to get Beck's handlers on the phone.
- Danny Carey walking out of the recording studio with his tail between his legs.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

black stallion

Ozma:

want to know the secret behind that crazy sound
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Dumpster D

Quote from: black stallion on April 06, 2022, 03:21:22 PM
Ozma:

Tons of Compression and a lot of EQ is my guess.

John Schuller

Quote from: Dumpster D on April 06, 2022, 04:44:43 PM
Ozma:

And an engineer (Joshua Roberts) that absolutely HATED HATED HATED Melvins and working with them. In 2000, I did roadied for Trey Gunn and Joshua Roberts was the soundman on the tour. First moment I met him, he saw me in my Melvins hoodie (the one with the knife) and proceeded to tell me how unprofessional and horrible of a band they were. I chalked it up to those days maybe being a bit "smacky" and Josh having poor taste in music.

John Schuller

I think a making of Prick documentary would have been great. "Melvins just signed a major label deal with Atlantic, let's go make a record for AmRep that is really fucking weird!"

Oscar

Easily Stag. All that Evil Joe madness and general sonic debauchery.

Dumpster D

Quote from: sadcorps on April 06, 2022, 04:57:22 PM
Ozma:

And an engineer (Joshua Roberts) that absolutely HATED HATED HATED Melvins and working with them. In 2000, I did roadied for Trey Gunn and Joshua Roberts was the soundman on the tour. First moment I met him, he saw me in my Melvins hoodie (the one with the knife) and proceeded to tell me how unprofessional and horrible of a band they were. I chalked it up to those days maybe being a bit "smacky" and Josh having poor taste in music.

The Smackyness for sure.  :lol:

Bigval

Houdini.

Buzz supposedly having to play most of Lori's bass parts and having to fire Kurt Cobain as producer during the recording with Buzz taking over production duties to finish the album.

black stallion

Ozma:

wasn't Mark D involved as producer?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

))))((((

John Schuller

Quote from: black stallion on April 07, 2022, 12:58:55 AM
Ozma:

wasn't Mark D involved as producer?

Indeed! He produced.