Best produced melvins album.

Started by BlueBob, August 14, 2005, 07:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquidVicious25

Quote from: (the) Razor on April 21, 2013, 01:17:28 AM
What's with Buzz's tone these days? I miss the old Gibson sound.

I agree, love the look of the Electric Guitar Company guitars but the Les Paul sound is definitely missed.

black stallion

Quote from: SquidVicious25 on April 24, 2013, 01:57:03 PM
Quote from: (the) Razor on April 21, 2013, 01:17:28 AM
What's with Buzz's tone these days? I miss the old Gibson sound.

I agree, love the look of the Electric Guitar Company guitars but the Les Paul sound was better

fixed
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Braykfast

Hey waitaminute...he didn't type that. What the heck?
"whiskey and axe handles"
- buzzo, boston, june 2010

jonE5

^ I'm going to go on record and say it..

I like the EGC Guitar tone BETTER.. I may be in the minority on this one, But I do.  I think his current tone is Spectacular.

Yes the LP tone was incredible... I loved it as much as everyone here probably does. But some of the sounds he was getting out of the new setup were blowing my mind the last few times I saw them.

Then again one of my favorite guitar sounds ever is Steve Albini, so I my be a little biased.

Dumpster D

You guys are Just comparing apples and Oranges.

what a farce.

Honestly, both are equally good in their own ways.

A vintage Les paul can only work-horse so much before its time to put it into Retirement.

Buzz said every peice of hardware on his custom Les Paul had been Re-Tread including the frets.

I will say it again, Cannibal corpse gets between 5-7 years of Mileage of their Guitars, due to Sweat causing damage. so its amazing the Les paul survived as long as it did under such strenuous Rigors.

Not to mention aluminum Doesnt Rust.  8)

(the) Razor

Nah, I don't think we're talking about the actual one guitar here. I mean he could always get one every 5 or 6 years!

I mean this is completely 100% subjective and Buzz can do whatever he wants obviously, but to me, the EGC sounds "thin" and "twangy" and "metallic" but the Gibson sounds warm and full. I think the EGC sounds great with someone like Duane Denison's kind of style, really suits him, but I miss the warm fat tone of the Gibson with Melvins. That's all! Not having a crack at Buzz or the guitar brands but there is a huge difference and it's all opinion
Don't click this

Fishheadphil

After giving Everybody Love Sausages a few attempts with headphones, I have to say I'm quite impressed with the production on many of those tunes. I still can't get into the more typical punky tunes or the opener track, but hey, It has the perfect balance of Over-production and under-production.
My cow is not pretty, but it is pretty to me.

black stallion

Quote from: Dumpster D on April 27, 2013, 12:16:20 AM
You guys are Just comparing apples and Oranges.

Buzzo has a killer clean tone with the current EGC guitar. maybe he missed a bit of the old fat tone he had with the LP but it's still cool. peace&love  :toke:

Dumpster D

I think its fair to say Theyve done enough albums and shows with the Les Paul.

Everyone has a Strat or Les paul, Its the missionary position of Rock and Roll.

how many people Can Boast an EGC sound right now.  8)

jonE5

Quote from: (the) Razor on April 27, 2013, 12:59:18 AM
Nah, I don't think we're talking about the actual one guitar here. I mean he could always get one every 5 or 6 years!

I mean this is completely 100% subjective and Buzz can do whatever he wants obviously, but to me, the EGC sounds "thin" and "twangy" and "metallic" but the Gibson sounds warm and full. I think the EGC sounds great with someone like Duane Denison's kind of style, really suits him, but I miss the warm fat tone of the Gibson with Melvins. That's all! Not having a crack at Buzz or the guitar brands but there is a huge difference and it's all opinion

Have you heard it live?... There is nothing "Thin" about that sound

black stallion

Quote from: Dumpster D on April 27, 2013, 10:03:09 AM

post of the year?

jonE5

Quote from: )))((( on April 27, 2013, 01:33:00 PM
This is probably the Tantric Sex version!  :shock:

:lol:  Looks like something out of Spinal Tap  :lol:

solgrohl08

I do love Gluey Porch Treatments because of the Really thick guitar sound and the epic drums. But I'm goanna have to go with Bullhead because of the drum sound and buzzs voice. Its not my favourite record but I think its one of the best sounding.

black stallion

Quote from: solgrohl08 on May 05, 2013, 01:45:17 PM
I do love Gluey Porch Treatments because of the Really thick guitar sound and the epic drums. But I'm goanna have to go with Bullhead because of the drum sound and buzzs voice. Its not my favourite record but I think its one of the best sounding.

good point

Braykfast

Quote from: jonE5 on April 28, 2013, 12:12:40 PM
Quote from: )))((( on April 27, 2013, 01:33:00 PM
This is probably the Tantric Sex version!  :shock:

:lol:  Looks like something out of Spinal Tap  :lol:

The hippies downtown would love to play this for money.
"whiskey and axe handles"
- buzzo, boston, june 2010