Best produced melvins album.

Started by BlueBob, August 14, 2005, 07:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anaconda

Quote from: Vcavalloi would switch my GPT tattoo for an Ozma tattoo.  i don't regret it, but if the two were interchangeable i'd be ok.

you have two arms, why not get ozma on the other?

Dr Geek

I hate the production on Bullhead. I just got it a few days ago and I was expecting to crush me, but it just doesn't. When I put it in after any other album, I have to turn the volume way up to even hear it. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but something sucks the life out of the music. If this album was produced better it would just blow me away.

BlueBob

Sometimes the music just isnt enough for some people. When I first listened to bullhead 10 years ago I didn't even know what production was, and that album KILLED me!

rhett E rock

i gave it more thought.  Eggnog and Stag, hands down.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

dijk cheese

Quote from: luciano darkage on August 15, 2005, 07:55:37 AM
goggles

the production on this track twists my head

stag wins in my opinion

as much as i dig stoner witch and bullhead, i dont like the production, but ive gotten over it, both albums took awhile for me to get into because of the production

as crap as the production is on ozma theres something about it that sounds so raw, bedroom and somewhat powerful, i love that shit!!!
i fell in love with the melvins after hearing ozma

"ever since my accident.."

ha
that's me.
thought i had an account before this one.
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

black stallion

dijk cheese

:D when i used to play beats and scratch records around town, i used to go by a few different names. that was one of them.

black stallion

dijk cheese

Quote from: black stallion on October 26, 2011, 07:23:03 AM
Quote from: dijk cheese on October 26, 2011, 07:21:24 AM
  that was one of them.

and i love it!

:lol: cheers.
i think the best name i came up with was...
dirty rich and the lonely housewives.

has this gone off topic?

Dumpster D

After Reading the first page of posts I've come to the realization that NOBODY here so far has any Idea what they are talking about.

and by the way...the Drum sound on HAT Is none of your goddamn business! Try POTRE, the SAME drum sound to begin with, and they've done a lot more with it AFTERWARDS in post-recording production with lot's of Delay's and echo, but essentially they had to get a totally DRY room sound before playing with FX.

if you had any idea of classic 70's sounding music, maybe you could appreciate a producer who doesn't rely on 300 pounds of signal processing modules. and I really don't understand why you think all producers understand what your band needs and wants in ways of album dynamics, it's hard enough to get along with your own band members PERIOD!

The Drums were MEANT to be Dry and crisp for HAT, imagine the drum sound of stoner witch with HAT...I can't see it working...that album has 70's tape echo on the guitar, it doesn't need production to be rough sounding! 

Stoner witch sounds a lot like corrosion of conformity's deliverance album to me, and you have to have that HUGE big BOOMING sound, listen to the vocals, they sound like they've put a 10,000 dollar mike on Buzz's vocals..like a Telefunken U47 or a Neauman or AKG mic, not every studio has that kind of gear. The melvins already had the best production POSSIBLE, and they've had NO production...it all STILL ROCKS...what the fuck! 

anyway I'm through wasting my time, if Buzz can see the point to do an album under 25 grand, why can't you?

you guys are retarded.

Maybe do a little research into the "loudness war" in your spare time.

realize why music 25 years ago doesn't appear to go as loud as what's available in todays market...

Listen to OZMA on cassette, it sounds quiet compared the the CD mastering job...but It's warm and REAL, damnation!!!

You got a volume knob doncha?

why do you need something to have the living SHIT compressed out of it to a flat wall of sound?

you have dynamics in song writing and sound, so why not in recordings?

maybe check your ears...then check your brains and big mouths too!

as far as your opinions and production is concerned, it's all subjectional.

do you even know what a production IS?

and what a producer DOES?

and why a band like the melvins has gone through like 5 record labels?

cuz were talking about a LOT of subjectionality here.

be thankfull for all and any!

If you are like me you can take what you can get and shut the hell up!

black stallion

your posts are always short and concise Dumpy

(((O)))

Quote from: black stallion on October 28, 2011, 10:50:16 AM
He has that stream of consciousness thing going on.

TheLegitMan93

Either "10 Songs" or the solo EPs (depending on my mood). I'm with Dumpster D on this one, over-compression fucking sucks and makes otherwise good records sound boring.

melviny goodness

Quote from: )))((( on October 28, 2011, 11:02:59 AM
Quote from: black stallion on October 28, 2011, 10:50:16 AM
He has that stream of consciousness thing going on. STREAM!!
more like the jizz of consciousness. he just creamed the board.