Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

On second inspection, i guess that's not HAZE. A younger guy there. Is Gareth their guitar tech or something since he hands Buzz his guitar? It cracks me up how bored he looks throughout though.

Oscar

Yes, Gareth was in the crew for the first leg. He usually does tech and merch in Europe but he was brought it for the US this time.

Charming gentleman, that Gareth Turner.

AxelFoley

Mount Ambulance

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on June 05, 2018, 03:20:11 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on June 05, 2018, 12:51:46 PM
Quote from: AxelFoley on June 05, 2018, 11:20:34 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcE6-d9g8KU

fuckin' A!

What's the story behind this?  :o
In 2004 (dont quote me) Melvins played a few venues where they played live as a soundtrack to this movie. It was awesome. I think Adam Jones and Sir DSS played as well. The UCLA show was part of the arts series, so you had a lot of older art patrons that wouldn't usually see the Melvins. Dale ran around the crowd with a cymbal at one point, banging it.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

jules

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 05, 2018, 05:25:20 PM

fuckin' A!

In 2004 (dont quote me) Melvins played a few venues where they played live as a soundtrack to this movie. It was awesome. I think Adam Jones and Sir DSS played as well. The UCLA show was part of the arts series, so you had a lot of older art patrons that wouldn't usually see the Melvins. Dale ran around the crowd with a cymbal at one point, banging it.

Saw this in Nov 2003 in Brighton - the band played behind the screen so you didn't see anything but their silhouettes right at the end. Blinding gig.

Mount Ambulance

fuckin' A!

They also did some (one?) of these performances with Japanese guitarist/vocalist/weirdo Keiji Haino ... that is something I woulda loved to see ... dig Keiji Haino a tonne; saw him live once, it was blisteringly otherworldly. 
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on June 05, 2018, 11:55:52 PM

fuckin' A!

They also did some (one?) of these performances with Japanese guitarist/vocalist/weirdo Keiji Haino ... that is something I woulda loved to see ... dig Keiji Haino a tonne; saw him live once, it was blisteringly otherworldly.

I can't recall if it was this forum or DFFD years ago that mentioned the Melvins/Haino performance but I recall the person in question describing the set as kind of disjointed, where Haino got into full noise mode while the Melvins ignored him and just did their own thing for the set.

Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford

I also like how at 25:00 Dale reminds us that these songs aren't the easiest to play, even after a few hundred takes.  They make it look easy, folks. 

Rusty Shackleford

Buzz's smile at Dale fucking up...  That's being in a band and understanding, after all these years...

Rusty Shackleford

And Dale looks right at him for a second...

Rusty Shackleford

...and they both come out and kill it even harder the next take... 

That's what it all is, my friends...

black stallion

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on June 11, 2018, 09:14:47 PM
Buzz's smile at Dale fucking up...  That's being in a band and understanding, after all these years...

you're right, first time i see Dale doing a mistake... that part of the song is really hard to play indeed, if you miss a beat it can be very difficult to continue.. still 100%  true rock n roll  8)
Charmicarmicat:Bastards