Pinkus Abortion Technician

Started by ))))((((, February 12, 2018, 11:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DToxico

"Embrace the Rub" and "Break Bread" would both probably end up on a favorite-Melvins-tracks-of-the-2010s mix for me

Bigval

Quote from: DToxico on February 11, 2019, 11:24:16 AM
"Embrace the Rub" and "Break Bread" would both probably end up on a favorite-Melvins-tracks-of-the-2010s mix for me

Just PAT 1-8 will do it's got everything you need. This album is just pure genius it's so good I struggle to listen to anything else on my train rides, why listen to another band when I could be listening to PAT? I want to listen to other stuff I just can't bring myself to do it.

I hope Buzz keeps this lineup around especially Pinkus a stroke of genius opening up the songwriting to him. I don't think it's possible they could top PAT but I do hope they try for mine it's the best Melvins album in a long time and nudging ever so closer to the lofty realms of HAT.

))))((((

WTF?!?!

....at the last two comments!!

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 12, 2019, 06:57:36 AM
WTF?!?!

....at the last two comments!!

Make it three. Pinkus Abortion Technician cured my illness and saved my life. Don't Forget To Breathe, indeed.

DToxico

I disliked "Embrace the Rub" at first but quickly came around and love it for its combination of stompy and whimsical. The way the chorus riff kinda swings around in circles, just getting slightly faster/higher each time, makes me happy. Obviously reminds me of Redd Kross but also Mangled Demos From 1983 which is just a neat change of pace overall, because despite what the reviews say, none of the 'Melvins 83' stuff actually sounds like Mangled Demos era to me, as much as I do still enjoy it.

"Break Bread" stuck with me immediately though because I love Pinkus' voice and his 'dark blues' songwriting style. The big dramatic sound on the chorus just spoke to me, and the song almost feels like the weird, more-aggressive little brother of "Don't Forget to Breathe", which is another of my favorites for its similar-but-totally-different, more-mature approach to 'dark blues'.

It used to be that "With Teeth" was sort of an inspirational mantra to me and the only Melvins song that made me feel that way, but now "Don't Forget to Breathe" has joined it

GiveMe45

Still a great album all the way through.  A couple songs have slightly special meaning since the album came out the day I started hanging out with my current female companion.

vince furnier

Quote from: DToxico on February 13, 2019, 01:23:33 PM
I disliked "Embrace the Rub" at first but quickly came around and love it for its combination of stompy and whimsical. The way the chorus riff kinda swings around in circles, just getting slightly faster/higher each time, makes me happy. Obviously reminds me of Redd Kross but also Mangled Demos From 1983 which is just a neat change of pace overall, because despite what the reviews say, none of the 'Melvins 83' stuff actually sounds like Mangled Demos era to me, as much as I do still enjoy it.

I loved that Pinkus interview where he says they got the "WHOA!!!" sample from them hanging out watching someone fail at something on the tube.  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

PepsiMike

Quote from: GiveMe45 on February 13, 2019, 10:35:44 PM
Still a great album all the way through.  A couple songs have slightly special meaning since the album came out the day I started hanging out with my current female companion.
Hey baby want to embrace the rub? Want to make some prenup butter?

GiveMe45

Quote from: PepsiMike on February 13, 2019, 10:50:16 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on February 13, 2019, 10:35:44 PM
Hey baby want to embrace the rub? Want to make some prenup butter?
I didn't get that normal for a while after we knew each other.  We first hung out at a small Windhand show and then the next day I texted her a YouTube of I Want To Hold Your Hand.  I'll say that Don't Forget To Breathe might have been my first attempt at being a friendly and respectful perv.

black stallion

that song written by Dale is one of my favourite from this album
Charmicarmicat:Bastards