Tulsa 8-24-09

Started by bigjerm!, August 24, 2009, 05:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjerm!

hell ya, fixing to go get a couple of drinks and head to the show. We get one of the headling shows thank god. Im so pumped right now. Be back with a review.

bigjerm!

Aint much to say about the Melvins, other than They was FREAKING AWESOME! They pretty much played the same set list as before the other headling shows. Maybe 60 people there. Buzz felt like talking alot tonight.  Mostly about, "Medatating, masterbating, and walking around the block" His three favorite things to do. They kind of almost made a song about it. They also talked about Phil Anselmo's mom making him mow the lawn. Then they talked about who else lives in LA, Rage Against The Machine. You know what Buzz like about RATM?" Absolutly nothing!" You know what else he likes about them? "Absolutly Nothing".Then they mocked them for a bit in a song. "Take out the trash, mow the yard, I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!. Buzz said they was playing here without Down because Down refused to play in Tulsa. Mostly likley a joke but I could care otherwise. Devo cover was Tits.  Everyone walked off stage sept buzz, he starded playing a riff I didnt reconize at first, then Jard,Coady and Dale came out to the Mic and all sang Okie from Muskogee, while they drank on a bottle or Makers Mark.  Got my poster signed by the band, Dale kept asking everyone for some weed. Buzz was talking about some building in downtown and drug me outside to show it to me. This guy knows his history! He talked about the former oil capitol of the world and how the phillips petroleum building was turned into codos and how they was only 1,200 a month, whitch I guess is unheard of every where else? He said he came here with White Zombie years back and Revernd Horton Heat. He said both those bands where complete dicks. Someone asked him which bands was cool and he said only Down and Tool.Buzz is super nice and talked with me and my friends for a good while.When I talked to Dale he kind of almost made fun of Down saying they was only on tour with them because they was huge fans "the drumer is cool" ( I do like  EHG) Dale's drumming was the highlight for me. Coady said my BB shirt was "well worn" and I told  them I seen them two years ago across the street and they corrected me and said it was three years ago. Dont quote me on none of this! Got the De-Headed Bassist shirt. Sorry for rambling on. Long story short is that the Melvins are realy nice guys and they played the  tightest  Melvins show I have ever seen,  the sound guy actually did good there for once,and despite what alot of people think, I hope they remain a four piece band for a very long time.  Hands down best show I have ever seen.

seas of luck

Very cool.  I'm really excited about seeing them in Atlanta!

IrvingtonFoster

excellent review, i'm jealous. =D>
slow and low, that is the tempo

bigjerm!

Thanks man. I wish alot more people showed up so they would make more money,  but seeing them with so few people was magic.

GrimReaper

queenbzzoofcourse

Nice and personal!  Is it the North wind I'm feeling, or is it the band gettin' closer?!?!?!?  If Dale was serious about his request, I could help out in Baton Rouge.

>>>JZS<<<

No Down & only 60 people ? .....Baltimore will be packed with boneheads....Fuck.

jlamour

That's the best concert review I've ever read.   :D  It sounds like you had a kick ass time!

girl

damn, we drove through there two days before and could have stayed with my boyfriends aunt and uncle to see the show.....bummer, should have checked that shit out.

the ether bunny

Quote from: girl on August 28, 2009, 12:22:41 PM
damn, we drove through there two days before and could have stayed with my boyfriends aunt and uncle to see the show.....bummer, should have checked that shit out.

did you make the change to texas too? or are you guys stuck with the super long distance relationship?
he was a mongoloid.

Guts

Great show. I got a few pictures with my cell. Sorry for the poor quality.

No TV and no beer make Guts something something....

Michael Jordan

Cool review and pics, thanks!
Why say no to drugs when you can say yes?

girl

Quote from: the ether bunny on August 28, 2009, 08:34:42 PM
Quote from: girl on August 28, 2009, 12:22:41 PM

did you make the change to texas too? or are you guys stuck with the super long distance relationship?

yeah, im back in texas too, that's why we drove through OK....

bigjerm!

Quote from: Guts on August 29, 2009, 06:53:22 PM
Great show. I got a few pictures with my cell. Sorry for the poor quality.

Awesome Guts. Im glad to see you make it out.  Great pics I hope you had as good time as me. I seen them at Cains a couple of years ago and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen, but this show was absouletly the best  show ever, Coady and Dale was way tighter, was so much fun to watch.  Dale is the shit, I play guitar and  try and write music. but I would say my mumber one influence is Dale more than any guitar player. Buzz or Dale, Melvins have forever changed the way I think about music.