Atlanta 9/1/2009

Started by backstard, September 03, 2009, 08:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backstard

I was there.

It was awesome. Usually I don't like seeing the Melvins as openers, but the sound was so glorious, loud and clear I didn't care. These guys are so tight it's ridiculous. The double drum thing is really achieving its peak.

The guy who made Buzz's guitar was there as well. I need another one of these guitars. So great.

For those of you wondering whether to spend the dough to see the show, DO IT. So worth it. That Devo cover is killer.

PrickHonky

Quote from: kingnimrod on September 03, 2009, 08:43:10 PM
I was there.

It was awesome. Usually I don't like seeing the Melvins as openers, but the sound was so glorious, loud and clear I didn't care. These guys are so tight it's ridiculous. The double drum thing is really achieving its peak.

The guy who made Buzz's guitar was there as well. I need another one of these guitars. So great.

For those of you wondering whether to spend the dough to see the show, DO IT. So worth it. That Devo cover is killer.

I agree with everything stated in that post. I wasn't sure about getting down on that much bread to see them open, but it was absolutely worth it. They are so fucking heavy and loud live it is ridiculous. The two drum thing is always amazing to watch live
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

seas of luck

I'm in the process of moving to Atlanta later this month so I don't have time to write an in depth review but I'll leave a few comments.

-Evil Stacked (sp?) opened.  Generic punk rock.  Forgettable.  4/10

-Weedeater was next and I was very impressed with them.  Very heavy and you could tell they were having fun.  8.5/10

-From the moment Dale walked out in his short shorts and tank top to the closing notes of The Smiling Cobra this show was pure bliss.  Extremely tight, great set, and it was the most energetic I have ever seen Buzzo.  The Melvins continue to be the best band in the world and I still love the new line up.  Dog Island was the standout song for me but everything kicked ass.  10/10

-Before Zodaic Buzz said something like, "Thanks for coming out.  We're really glad to be on tour with Down." I swear it sounded like he was about to laugh when he said that but maybe it was just my imagination.

-I really tried to like Down but they were pretty lousy.  The lighting was awful and they kept blinding the audience with a strobe light.  I kept yelling "I LOVE FAIL ANSELMO!"  and was acting like an idiot to squeeze some entertainment out of their set.  Half way through Ghosts Along the Mississippi, one of the few Down songs I kinda like, me and my friends decided that we had enough and left.  4/10

-$31 for a ticket was worth it.  Go see The Melvins!

RomanBirdDog

wish i could have gone!!!  damn college