Leoncavallo - Milan (IT) 1 Oct 2015

Started by black stallion, October 03, 2015, 06:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

A bit late with the review...i won't be too long..

The show took place last thursday in a big and very important squat in Milan called Leoncavallo. i got there almost an hour before, after a long day at work. Jules was already there with another friend of mine so i texted them when i was about to arrive and we met at the bar of the venue ,just in time for a beer and some chips i stole from jules ( yeah,you didn't notice that! you know, Italians do it better..EHEH).

First thing i want to say is about my english friend  :)... super nice guy with great sense of humour...you always know you'll have fun and laughs with him..and surprises... like two GODHEADSILO cd's he put in my hands as soon as i arrived and that was such a great gift i was almost embarassed  :oops:.

Big Business started early, their set was STELLAR if you ask me. the bass sound was a bit confused but still huge and the two piece was very tight.. vocals, including Coady, were perfect in the mix. i must have noticed three new songs, they started with Chump Chance and ended with an EPIC version of Lonely Lyle, with a psychedelic outro. i was very impressed and think they're actually my favourite band!

after that i had a cig alone as  jules and the other friends disappeared somewhere...waiting for the big Melvins and the Sabbath intro to start

first thing i noticed: Dale's tom was smaller than Coady's  :shock:. after this i concentrated on the show. i will not talk about set list as you probably know it very well,  i will just say  the band was very tight and Buzz had no words for the audience, which is always cool. 

sound was very loud but not perfect.... especially from my spot in front of Jared but i knew that venue had bad sound, so it wasn't Melvins' fault.

personal highlights were At The Stake, YOA and Your Blessened which sounded great. they eneded with a long drum jam with Dale&Coady shacking hands .

after another beer with Jules i went home thinking Melvins is one of the greatest live bands ever, really hoping to catch them with Jeff Pinkus, which is my favourite incarnation of the band at the moment .

PS:  no merch, just a few shirts, the latest BB's LP and a DVD. for a moment me and jules thought it was the documentary  :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkuXp-3v80I

[attachment deleted by admin]
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jules

Such a cool review! "Il Ladro Stallone", Ruspa and Gaia are high on the list of greatest humans ever. Such a pleasure to know you guys!

black stallion

Rusty Shackleford

Thanks for the reviews.  What's on the dvd?

Idlehanz

DC

I'd kill to have a beer with Black Stallion

black stallion